Skip to main content

How to score some cake

So operation toilet training has been going really well at our household. The whole process has been pretty labour-intensive but also interspersed with plenty of light-hearted and funny moments which has helped ease things along.

Here’s one recent funny episode: Hubs was sneaking in a quick snack of cake before dinner. He was promptly caught by our little man who has a very sensitive radar for these sorts of treats. Here is the conversation that followed…

[I should mention that whenever Nathan initiates doing a pee or poo by himself without any prompting, he can claim a little treat in the form of a small chocolate chip]
Nathan: Daddy! Daddy! Can I have some cake?
Daddy: Erm… no, you already had a chocolate chip just now.
[Nathan then runs over to his potty and squeezes out a few drops of precious pee] 
Nathan: I did a pee! I can have some chocolate, yes? *innocent face*
[Hubby and me burst out laughing at this point. I start moving towards the jar of chocolate treats. But Nathan had his plan all laid out already…] 
Nathan: *With a cheeky grin* Wait! I don’t want chocolate. How about cake?
He got his wish. We just couldn’t resist such cleverness, cunning and cheekiness.

That’s my cheeky little man!

After brekky: "mummy, can I go to the playground?"

A post shared by Serenely (@livingserenely) on


Linking up to Susan's Motivational Mondays

Comments

  1. Haha, well at least it's working. Potty training was quite a pain for us as Sophie developed a fear to poo in the potty and caused her constipation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Must be quite a phobia that she would rather hold it in resulting in constipation than release it. I'm guessing you guys are past all that now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »