Skip to main content

Helping in the kitchen

When Nathan started showing interest in what I was doing the kitchen, I started trying to think of ways I could include him in my cooking activities. Hubby does not cook, so I handle ALL the cooking in the household alone. So it would be nice to train up a little helper to accompany me in the kitchen.
 
Initially I didn’t think there was much he could do. But at a moment of inspiration, I thought of letting him begin with helping to prepare his own simple snacks for morning/afternoon tea.
 
DSC03624
Helping to peel bananas for afternoon tea
 
I sliced up some bananas with the skin on. Then I let Nathan peel the skins off by himself and place them into a bowl. It’s such a simple little activity, but he absolutely enjoyed it.
 
The bananas must have tasted extra yummy that morning simply because he helped to prepare them.
 
It’s never too early to start learning to help out in the kitchen.
 
 
Linking up to June’s Little Lessons

Comments

  1. I agree, Serene. Never too early to start a good habit. What a valuable little lesson for Nathan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, June. Yes, it's one I hope to keep up even though it may slow me down in the kitchen at first :)

      Delete
  2. Great first thing to get him started on Serene. My kids love helping out in the kitchen as well and my five year old thinks shelling hard boiled eggs is the best fun :-). I make sure when I do get them helping out its during a period when there is no rush for time, so I've got plenty of patience and it doesn't matter so much if we end up making a big mess. Cracking the eggs into a cake recipe is another thing they love doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda! Yup, you are right, definitely choose a time when there is no rush, Otherwise things will likely take a dramatic turn

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »