Skip to main content

My little wilds

Everyday I am always blown away at how so much both wildness and sweetness can be encapsulated in such a little person. Two to be exact.

One moment, superman is zooming all around the house. The next moment, I feel little limbs clambering up on my lap, two hands clasping my face and a cheeky whispered “I love you, mummy!” in my ear.

One moment, the tiniest person in the house is screaming the place down, so loud I am sure the house two doors down can hear (all because she is getting her hair washed). The next moment she is all coos and gurgles and heart-melting smiles.

One moment, I am bent over sweeping up a million crumbs and spills and messes (and it’s only breakfast time). The next moment comes completely unprompted sweetness in a “Thank you for cooking the pancakes for me, mummy

In the midst of all the wildness, these are the moments I live for.

Ah, my giggly, wiggly, chocolate-covered, wide-awake little wilds

image

I am your parent,
            You are my child

I am you quiet place,
            You are my wild

I am your calm face,
              You are my giggle

I am your wait,
               You are my wiggle

I am your dinner,
                       You are my chocolate cake

I am your bedtime,
                   You are my wide awake

I am your lullaby,
                 You are my peekaboo

I am your goodnight kiss,
                     You are my ‘I Love You’

          –Marryann K. Cusimano

 

That’s definitely one thing I can say about parenting.
There’s no end to the surprises.

 

Linking up to June’s Little Lessons
and Kaz & Ang’s Fly on by Friday

Comments

  1. that's really sweet - makes one look forward to the trials and tribulations of motherhood, whenever it comes! :) also looking forward to meeting your little wilds - somehow i keep missing your visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to it too! hehehe... hopefully our next visit will finally coincide

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! So great to have this blog so you can remember those moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI SarahD... yes, one of the best things about blogging is having a real live chronicle of our journey

      Delete
  3. Really lovely moments captured here, and love the poem too. I agree, they are wild and tame, crazy and sweet at the same time...Guess that's why we love them so too. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this poem is one of my favourite 'parenting poems'... our little ones can really drive us wild sometimes, but we can't help loving them anyway... probably the craziness makes the contrast with their sweetness even more so :)

      Delete
  4. Love love love the moments! Haa... And the poem, so apt=)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pc :) very apt poem indeed! I'm certain you can relate just as well!

      Delete
  5. Enjoy these moments! They go so quickly... My next to oldest (of 8) "little wild" just got his college acceptance letter yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! It must feel a little surreal seeing this person who was just a "little wild" not a moment ago become this young man going for college. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I think you've captured the essence of childhood perfectly - wild and sweet. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb... credit to my wild and sweet little ones for inspiration. And that words of that poem really captures the essence perfectly as you say.

      Delete
  7. That is so lovely, and such a good way to capture the joys and surprises of motherhood xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy... yes indeed, there are so many surprises in motherhood, both the bad and especially the good :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »