Skip to main content

The easiest four-ingredient cookies

I recently discovered this great recipe for the easiest cookies using just four basic ingredients. It was so deliciously simple that I simply have to share it with you.

DSC05473

When I first read the recipe, the amount of sugar seemed excessive when combined with the sweetened condensed milk. But actually the sweetness turned out to be okay. Don’t forget that you are combining it with five cups of flour to make a massive batch of cookie dough. Though I think you should be able to reduce the amount of sugar slightly depending on the types of additions you plan to mix in.

This mega batch of cookies lasted us for over a month, I actually kept the dough in the fridge and baked the cookies in three separate batches as I didn’t have time to bake everything in one go. Whenever I wanted to bake a batch, I just took the dough out of the fridge 15 minutes earlier to let it soften a bit before working with it.

Easy Four-Ingredient Cookie Recipe

Ingredients
395g Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
500g Margarine or Butter
1 cup sugar
5 cups Self Raising Flour

(Makes approximately 100 cookies)

DSC05471

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cream butter and sugar together.  Add milk and flour to the sugar and butter mixture and mix well together.

Next comes the fun part, throwing in your additions. You can mix in pretty much anything you like -- chocolate chips, m&ms or smarties, hundreds&thousands, raisins, oatmeal, coconut. I divided my dough into two batches, and made mixture of oatmeal raisins for one, and dates and coconut for the other.

Then roll tablespoonfuls of cookie dough into balls, place on a lined baking tray and flatten slightly. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

DSC05472

If you are short on time or like me, prefer a shortcut method, I melted the butter in the microwave, mixed all the ingredients together by hand, then refrigerated the dough for 20 minutes before shaping the cookies. The cookies still seemed to turn out okay even without the creaming step, just make sure you mix the butter in thoroughly with the sugar and flour.

DSC05474

Happy baking!

What favourite additions would you throw into your cookie mix?

 

Linking up to
Little Drummer Boys & Twinkle in the Eye

Comments

  1. I am so tempted to try this out tonight ! 100 Cookies, that's a lot ! Thanks for sharing. I am enjoying your postings very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNAP! We just made some cookie like this but had vanilla essence but doesn't really need as sweetened condensed milk sweet enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it wasn't for the raisins and coconut I'd be all over that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at condensed milk Serene! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did someone say Sweetened Condensed Milk? You had me right there … love an easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum , I can see some cookie baking in the holidays.
    Thanks for linking up,, Serene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy and easy just the way I like it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baking my own cookies, so much nicer than bought ones (and cheaper). If only I had some condensed milk in the cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love home baked cookies. This will definitely be in my collection. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »