Skip to main content

Nathan’s fourth birthday and Christmas bash

So I know I said yesterday that I am officially finished with my last post for the year. But I just had to sneak in these photos of the wonderful party we had yesterday to celebrate Nathan’s fourth birthday and a sort of final year-end/Christmas bash we had for my beloved day care children. None of my parties have ever been the fancy sort, but the only thing I hope for is that they are fun and memorable.

DSC06298B

We borrowed an inflatable pool and colourful plastic balls to make a simple ball pit which the children all just went mad over. It got a little crowded in there at times, but we somehow always managed to work something out.

DSC06303A

Hubby sportingly took on the role as the ‘magic balloon man’ and made all sorts of fun shapes and creations with a little balloon kit we got from the party supplies section at the shops.

DSC06301A

The theme of the party was all about lollipops. So I made some ‘marshmallow dough’ for the children to have a lollipop-making activity. I knew my children all love play dough, so I thought this was a fun and yummy twist to one of their favourite activities. Someone soon discovered that the dough was edible. Then bits and pieces of the dough started disappearing mysteriously.

DSC06314A

But we had more than enough marshmallow dough to make some lovely sweet creations for everyone to take home in their goodie bag. We packaged them up in clear cellophane just like the real thing.

DSC06369

We also played a couple of simple games like dancing statues and a ‘hunt for lollipops’ games. I hid a bunch of lollipops in the ball pit and the children each took turns scrambling around inside to hunt for lollipops. The snapshot below is just the final ‘all in’ mad scramble for lollipops just for fun.

DSC06333A

The children always enjoy eating fruits so much each time they are at our house. So this pretty fruit platter was just something special  put together especially for the occasion, complete with fruit lollipops in line with our lollipop theme.

DSC06335

And for the grand finale… the birthday cake. The one thing Nathan was absolutely clear about his party was that it had to have a lollipop cake. He even drew a picture for me months ago for me to follow. So this was my attempt at making his wish come true.

DSC06339

Rounding things off with our feeble attempt at a group shot. Everyone was just too distracted by the cake and eager to dive in. Anyway, I didn’t manage to take proper photos of the decorations and set up we did, so this snapshot provides a little snippet into all the effort hubby and I put in the night before.

DSC06344A

*****

And now, finally signing off for Christmas and holiday season. Till next year everyone!

Comments

  1. Such wonderful memories for Nathan. I am sure over the years thr details might be blur but he'll alwsys remember that lolipop cake. A huge hjg to the birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhh the kids look like they were having loads of fun! Happy New Year to you and family, Serene!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »