Skip to main content

Desperate dribbly times call for an army of bibs

Back when I was still pregnant with Grace, I had busied myself sewing various pretty little things in anticipation of her arrival. I was a big fan of bandanna bibs with Nathan. But somehow with a baby girl, it seemed to be more fitting to have pretty, floral, ribbony classic style bibs on her.

I added a couple more here and there along the way after she arrived, but not very many as she was not really a very dribbly baby. Well, not at that time at least.  

However over the past couple of months, her dribble level was reaching a record breaking amount. Almost, if not as much as her older brother when he was her age now. It got so bad at one point that I was unable to keep up with the laundry turnover and had to resort to drying her morning bib so she could use it again later in the afternoon.

So over the weekend, I finally got my head down and sewed up yet more bibs to keep up with her over-productive dribble glands.

DSC06216(2)

I was quite pleased with my handiwork. So please indulge me while I show off my creations with my little model…

This one is my favourite one… because… polka dots!

DSC06231(2)

Also because I got to use some of my stash of fabric yo-yos I went overboard making during the long wait for baby to arrive. As you can see, we were in desperate need of bibs. The picture above was taken literally five minutes after I put the bib on her. I kid you not.


This was a simple one I put together with a scrap of black cotton drill
with a touch of a black & white stripy ribbon.

DSC06225(2)

I wasn’t really planning anything special with this one, but I quite like how it turned out. Sort of chic and classy looking in an almost ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ kinda way. I soon discovered the culprit of all this dribbly-ness when I felt two little molar buds at the back of little Grace’s mouth.


Final snapshot of Grace’s bib stash…
(Well, most of them anyway. A few were still in the laundry.)

DSC06218(2)

Comments

  1. These are so gorgeous! The polka dot bib looks like a fancy collar on a little girl's dress. Uuu! You should make one in a shape that references a collar (e.g. a vintage peter pan collar)! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have pinned a bib just like the one you described... peter pan collar and all! I pin so many things it's hard to keep track sometimes. I must hunt it down and make that one too, before she outgrows the bib stage which will happen all too quickly I'm sure.

      Delete
  2. You are too kind to even take my suggestions seriously. <3 YOU are the master! Again, these are gorgeous, Serene.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »