Skip to main content

A decade of marriage

So today marks the momentous occasion of my tenth year anniversary of being married to my dear hubby. I meant to write a big epic post for this special day…. but I’m finding it all quite overwhelming. Ten years! My goodness! What can I say?

I remember a conversation I had with my parents on one occasion. I asked them “Does it ever get any easier?”. Their answer: “No, not really!”. After over 35 years of marriage, apparently there are times that they still can get hopping mad at each other and they still drive each other crazy sometimes.

Cute
Image Source

So for us, after a decade of marriage it certainly hasn’t gotten any easier.

We sometimes still argue over petty things or even disagree over more serious matters. I still can get hopping mad at him at times. It’s crazy how someone you are so crazy about can REALLY drive you crazy sometimes.

But one thing I can say is: It’s better.

Not easier. But better.

It’s still at uphill journey. But with each upward step we take, it just gets better. Deeper. Stronger. Surer.

I still remember the very first time he said ‘I love you’. We were still in university at that time. We were riding on a bus heading somewhere (I can’t remember where). He turned to face me and said he had something to tell me. Then he mouthed something in a barely audible whisper. My heart started thumping weirdly when I saw the words he formed on his lips. “Sorry, I didn’t catch that” I said. “Elephant shoe. I said elephant shoe” he grinned in reply.

Well, now I know it was definitely NOT an Elephant’s Shoe.

And now it’s more than ‘I’m in love you’.

It’s more than ‘I love you’.

It’s now ‘I will love you’.

And not by any merit of our own… but only by and through His grace.

 

Anyway on a lighter note, I’ve been searching through all my photos to try and find a recent picture of just hubby and me for this post. Even if it was just an ‘okay’ snapshot of the two of us. And guess what? There isn’t one! So now I’ve made a resolution to try and take more photos of just hubby and I…. once a year at least.

I did find lots of other pictures of just the two of us in the B.C. era (before children). So here’s a little stroll down memory lane…

Happy ten years my dear husband!

Love you then.
Love you still.
Love you now.
And always will.

Comments

  1. AHHHHHHH!!!! Really?!!! TEN YEARS?! That's craaazy. Man, we are getting old. =) My dearest Serene, I am bursting with gladness for you and MH. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. And I can't seem to wipe this silly smile off my face. Hans and I don't have a recent picture of just the two of us either. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Ten years seemed like an eternity one time, but how the years have flown. I hope to meet Hans and your boys someday. Take more pictures together!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Serene, you're absolutely right - no marriage is all hearts and flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally! We're on the same page :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »