Skip to main content

An early Christmas for me

TwilightBooks

So Christmas came early for me this year in the form of a shiny new hardback set of this well-known saga.

As some of you might have known, I only recently discovered what the whole Twilight obsession was all about less than a couple of months ago. I happened to catch the first movie on TV while I was surfing around the channels one Saturday night and got sucked into the story.

I know, I knoooow… I am like soooo late for THIS party that I am arriving after the whole thing has long died down. Yes, I have heard of the Twilight Saga, but for one reason or another, the whole thing had evaded me somehow. It wasn’t because I was anti-Twilight or something. I was just probably busy with other things at that time while the whole party was going on.

Hubby must have obviously seen how captivated I was by the series. Being the sweet man he is, he quietly went and got the complete set of books that the movies were based on. Apparently it was no easy feat tracking down these books as I was really THAT late for this party. He checked out all the major bookstores in the city but could not track down a single book, except one sad little paperback set. So he ended up ordering this special hardback set from overseas.

He had intended it as a birthday present for me, but the parcel somehow got side tracked to some other part of the country, before finally arriving on our doorstep in a long roundabout way. I think he was so relieved that it finally got here that he handed it to me straightaway without even bothering to wrap it.

I think the thing that touched me the most was not the gift itself, but the fact that my dear hubby put so much thought and effort into getting it for me. So for now I’m leaving it under the tree, still wrapped in it’s cellophane packaging, just to soak up all the love and thought that went into this gift. But once I dive into the first pages, I know there is no turning back.

So the question is, am I in danger of turning into one of those Twi-moms, crossing over to the dark side?

Image Source

Apparently, it seems to be almost an embarrassing and even shameful thing to admit to reading or (God forbid) actually enjoying these books. They are certainly not Shakespeare or Austen or Dickens or Tolkien, any of the books on this list, or any other intelligent novel you would proudly hold up high as you read on the train commute to work.

I remember as a teenager in school, secretly reading school-banned teen novels like the Sweet Valley series, R.L. Stine, Christopher Pike. We snuck them in by hiding them between sheets of paper or textbooks. Such exciting times. I have a feeling this whole Twilight Saga series would be reminiscent of those teen novels I enjoyed reading back then. And I feel I could use something fun, easy and indulgent to read this holiday season.

Happy reading!
Image Source

So, anyway this shall be my last post for the year. No big roundup post from me this time, just a big wave and a cheery ‘Happy Holidays!’ from me. And in between all the festivities and merry-making, I suspect I’ll have my nose buried in my new guilty pleasure holiday read.

Have a beautiful Christmas everyone, and a wonderful start to the new year!

Comments

  1. Hahaha welcome to the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Min... I think I might literally be the last person to arrive. Haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »