Skip to main content

Let the children play

One of the most amazing things I find about children is their innate ability to play.

They don’t necessarily need a lot of sophisticated toys. Children can turn pretty much anything into a toy or create a whole play scenario from just one or two simple items.

So this month, I observed and collected some evidence of play scenarios created by me and my little man with just a couple of basic household items.

Simple Water Play
With just a few plastic containers filled with some water, my little one was fully engrossed in scooping, pouring and watching the water stream and trickle out from one container to another

DSC02767

Magic Cubby House
An ordinary picnic blanket draped over some furniture can magically transform ordinary items into an instant cubby house for little people to crawl under and be in their own little world

DSC02520

Pretend Cooking
An old pot and a basic utensil can transform any kid into an instant chef – Lego blocks and little knick-knacks become yummy stews, casseroles and a myriad of other dishes

DSC02782

Just mummy and me
And even with nothing else but just mummy and me, we can have the best time in the whole wide world just singing and talking and laughing and just being silly together

[DSC01948%255B4%255D.jpg]

~~~

Celebrating my little one along with this series on…
 
www.ajugglingmom.com

Comments

  1. Yes, mine love crawling under tables which are their 'house' with all the soft toys to shelter under!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! How cute! isn't it just amazing to see the wonder of kids in their own magical world which they can enter with their own imagination

      Delete
  2. Agree. Was having some sort of water play with my 20-month old toddler yesterday. A pail of water with some colourful flowers and leaves could keep her occupied for 30minutes. Pretty amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Apple! Ah... our kids are almost the same age! Nathan turns 2 in December :)

      30 minutes occupation is awesome! Even 15 minutes is considered a bonus for me. And yes, good idea to mix things up by throwing in other items like little flowers and leaves for them to 'stir' the brew together! LOL

      Delete
  3. The only thing that limits their play is their imagination. We have so much to learn from our kids :) Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this great series... it's been really a great journey to remember to pause and just 'celebrate' our little ones for everything they are

      Delete
  4. Yes! My Sophia can giggle hysterically when reading a book or just playing with my dad's mustache. Everything is fun and amusing to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elaine! Sounds like Sophia is a cheeky girl always ready to find any reason to laugh! Really brings out the joy in my life to watch them being able to find smiles and laughter in simple everyday things doesn't it?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »