Skip to main content

The most awesome fruit salad recipe

DSC02474

A couple of weeks back I tried out this awesome fruit salad recipe to bring to a pot luck picnic.

The recipe came with a warning that it would be polished cleaned at any pot luck or gathering. I like coming back from pot lucks with an empty bowl so this sounded like a winner.

The original recipe featured grapes as the main fruit. But as they were currently not in season here, I used a mixture of other fruits:

Three green apples (cubed)
Three red/fuji apples (cubed)
One punnet of strawberries (sliced)
Plus half a can of pineapple (optional)

DSC02471

To bring it all together is a sinfully rich but oh so yummy cream cheese dressing, which you just need to mix together:

Approx 200g cream cheese
Approx 100g sour cream
1/8 cup of icing sugar
A dollop of forest fruits yoghurt (optional)

DSC02472

Combine everything together to create the most delicious fruit salad you’ve probably ever tasted…

DSC02476

And yes, the bowl was completely cleaned out at the picnic – and I promise it wasn’t only because of me. I can’t wait for another excuse to make this again!

 

Linking up to DinoMama’s Foodie Fridays

Comments

  1. Oh my!!! I did a fruit salad couple of months ago, found the recipe in the net n silly old me forgot to bookmark it, thus I have no idea what did I use for the dressing.

    Till now!

    Though the ingredients are slightly different but it should do for now. Thanks for saving me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy that this post managed to help you out with that, DinoMama! ^_^

      I think the recipe can be varied and adjusted to what you like, be it the proportions of sugar or cream cheese or sour cream or adding/substituting greek yoghurt etc.

      Enjoy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »