Skip to main content

Family kissing on the mouth

DSC02347

One of the most delicious things in the world to me is getting a big slobbery kiss from my little boy right smack on the mouth. Yes, that’s right. Turns out I am one of those weird moms who kiss their babies on the mouth.

To tell you the truth, my family does not practice the kiss-on-the-mouth thing with each other. In fact I used to think it was weird and a little icky whenever I saw other parents and children doing it.

But a few months back one afternoon, hubs arrived home from work and I greeted him at the door with a kiss. Nathan was standing next to me watching this exchange intently.

He immediately started tugging at my shirt excitedly exclaiming “keeess! keeess!”. So I knelt down and started turning my cheek toward him, but he just went ahead and planted a big wet one right on my mouth.

It was really wet and slobbery.

But also so delicious and sweet… and it felt just so natural and right.

I was hooked.

Since then, our private family kisses are all received on the mouth. Yes, it goes for hubby too. Nathan absolutely insists upon it.

As he grows older, I’m quite certain he will eventually transition away from this practice. But for now, I shall cherish the feeling of those silky baby lips against mine every day, as long as it lasts.

I realise though that some people don’t feel comfortable with this idea. I’m wondering, am I the only one who does this? Or is it more common than we think?

 

P.S. A great post about kissing babies on the mouth.

Comments

  1. That is a beautiful picture! Made me LOL!! Honestly, I feel a tad icky too being kissed on the mouth by my kids...but hmm maybe it just takes practice. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, June. It was totally spontaneous snap. The best ones happen unexpectedly like that. As for kisses, so many other yummy places to kiss... noses, ears, tummies and even elbows

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I am a kiss-on-the-mouth convert too!!! Love it! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Thanks, Pamela. Glad to know I am not alone.

      Delete
  3. i used to think it was weird until ryan planted one on me ;p now i'm a convert too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That is awesome! I wonder if Ryan still remembers it.

      Delete
  4. I grew up kissing my parents on the mouth, so it was only natural that I did it with my boys. I know they'll grow out of it just like I did, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that makes sense since you grew up with it. And as you shared that our kids will eventually naturally grow out out of it like you did, all the more I want to cherish these innocent precious expressions of love.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »