Skip to main content

Coconut Pandan French Toast

DSC05987

So for Fathers’ Day this year, I wanted to cook up something really nice for breakfast for the daddy in the house. Generally his ideal breakfast treat would be the classic big brekkie, with eggs, sausages, bacon, baked beans, mushrooms and the works.

However I knew I wouldn’t have enough time to cook it up in the morning before Fathers’ Day Service at church. So I decided on French toast.

Now French toast is more of an ‘okay’ brekkie thing for the hubs. He is not a fan of bread, but it’s only made up by the fact that it includes his other favourite food: Eggs.

Then I had a lightbulb moment. Add in another one of hubby’s favourite ingredients: Coconut. The result. Big thumbs up!

These are too good not to share. So here is the recipe:

 

Coconut Pandan French Toast

Ingredients
8 slices of bread
3 eggs
200ml coconut milk
2-3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tspn pandan paste*
Oil for greasing pan

Method
Mix together eggs, coconut milk, sugar and pandan paste in a bowl. Drizzle some oil in frying pan and heat up to medium heat.

Dip bread into egg-coconut milk mixture, then place in pan. Cook for a minute on one side until flecked with golden brown flecks. Flip and cook the other side. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.

Serve warm, drizzled with some maple syrup or any other favourite spreads and toppings.

(*You can find this ingredient in any oriental supermarket or make your own with fresh pandan leaves. I suppose it wouldn’t be a complete disaster if you were to omit it, but I personally think the whiff of pandan you get in every bite is really worth it)

Comments

  1. Thanks for the recipe. My kids love French Toast for afternoon tea after school. I'll have to make this different tastier version for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »