Skip to main content

Getting to know you…

Because I don’t have a proper post prepared today (or possibly not for next week either). And also because I am presently focusing most of my writing energies on my Early Childhood Education course assignment (due this Saturday). So in the meantime, here is something light and fun for you to get to know a bit more about me…

Q&A: What’s your favourite…

What was your favourite food when you were a child?
Fried Bananas (a.k.a. Pisang Goreng). To be honest, I wouldn’t say this is my favourite food as a child. But it always evokes vivid childhood memories whenever I think of the smell and taste of piping hot, fragrant, crispy banana fritters.

What’s the #1 most played song?
Currently it’s ‘Let It Go’ from Disney’s Frozen. Only because my three year old asks to listen to it umpteen times each day. But apart from that, my favourite music artists include ABBA, Steven Curtis Chapman and Frank Sinatra.

What is one of your favourite quotes?
”Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.”
—Robert Frost

What’s your favourite indoor/outdoor activity?
Indoors – reading and sewing.
Outdoors – browsing around swap marts and flea markets.

What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Gardening.

What is your favourite form of exercise?
I confess I’m not really an exercise person. But the two main exercise activities I do from time to time would be swimming and cycling.

What is your favourite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
Favourite time of day – waking up in the wee hours of the early morning, looking at the time and discovering that I still have a good hour or two before I have to get up, then snuggling back under the covers contentedly.
Favourite day of the week – Saturday mornings… lazing around in bed, having pancakes for breakfast and spending some leisure time together as a family.
Favourite month of the year – December… Summer, Christmas, holidays, and my firstborn’s birthday.

What’s your least favourite mode of transportation?
Buses. Because they tend to be crowded, slow and bumpy.

What is your favourite body part?
My mouth. For talking and eating.

What sound do you love?
The sound of my children’s laughter and giggles as they play together. And also the sound of the garage door opening at the end of the day when my hubby arrives home from work each day.

My favourite sound: Laughter and giggles from these two

 

[Questions taken from 50 Questions to Get To Know Someone]

 

Linking up to Jess’s IBOT

Comments

  1. This post just reminded me of the banana fritters we used to have as takeaway when we were kids. It was the only "junk food" or takeaway that dad would let us have. Mmmm banana fritters and we had pineapple ones too. Yum now Im hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank Sinatra! Wow you are a woman of many surprises, not a fan of buses either prefer trains if I need public transport! I too love that feeling knowing I have more hours left to stay in bed! Em - visiting as part of #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love me a bit of Frank Sinatra and ABBA. And OMG those pictures of your kids are adora-bubble! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Let It Go has become part of our daily routine now! I don't think my 3 year old will go to sleep without listening to it everyday! Thanks for sharing a bit more about yourself Serene - gorgeous kids! And yes the smell of Pisang Goreng or Goreng Pisang reminds me of early childhood days too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »