Skip to main content

What I like about you

How did you spend your Valentine’s Day?

Hubby and I were home bound (by choice). We don’t really like going out on Valentine’s Day anyway as we’re not big on crowds and over-priced menus.

And I really do enjoy just chilling out in the nice hangout spaces we’ve created in our house. Plus we have everything we need for a romantic evening.. wine, chocolate, a plush couch and each other.

After we put the kids to bed, we watched a movie (‘She’s All That’ - a classic from the 90s), chatted about random stuff and then later hubby taught me how to play poker. It was fun coming up with silly bets and bids. The bets soon escalated into the raunchy zone, but that’s strictly between hubs and I.

DSC05225

Hubby wrote me this ‘poem’ for the occasion which got me all smiley and gooey inside…

What I like about you…

I like holding your hands
I like to watch you sleep
I like to listen to you describe your day
I like the way you encourage our boy to share about his day
I like the way you teach our kids
I like the way you explain things to our kids
I like the way you pack the going-out bag for all of us
I like the way you write and describe things
I like what you manage to turn the house into
I like your cooking and the things you come up with in the kitchen
I like the pack lunches you prepare
I like your patience and kindness
I like your smile (and your laugh that hides your eyes and shows your teeth)
I like you

 

As it was a surprise, I didn’t have anything like that prepared for him then. But after some thought, I came up with a version of my own to reciprocate the fun and affection. I haven’t shown it to him yet, but he reads my blog anyway so I decided to trumpet this out here for him…

What I like about you

I like the way you chuckle
I like watching you play with the children
I like hearing the children’s screams and laughter when you hold a tickle fest with them
I like watching you when you are deeply engrossed in a task
I like the way you fire up when you talk about stuff you are passionate about
I like how passionate you are about math and numbers
I like watching you tutor kids in math
I like the methodical way you explain a concept to someone
I like the way you cook instant noodles (no one does it better than you)
I like how you set up our media room so we can enjoy movies in cinema style
I like how you take the time to research and shop for new gadgets or devices I ask for
I like how you stand by me and support me in all my crazy ideas
I like the way you grew a beard for me
I like you too. I really do.

 

It’s nothing deep or profound or anything brilliant. Just us being us. Hope you had a nice Valentine’s day.

 

Do you play poker? What kind of bets do you play?
Have you every wrote a poem for someone? Would you? Could you?

Linking up to Jess for IBOT

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs BC. I think we seem to be more silly than cute. But it was all in good fun.

      Delete
  2. Hubby and I play poker but since he's spent years earning good money out of it we never play for anything (because I always lose and I hate to lose!). I love your poems, we're totally not romantic that way (ok at all). Valentines especially is boring for us with our anniversary so close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually am wary of playing bets because I tend to be on the cautious/conservative side when it comes to placing bets. But with fun bets like we did, there were no winners or losers... just lots of fun and laughter ^_^

      We generally don't write poetry for each other as a habit. It's probably unlikely to be repeated again. But we would definitely remember these ones for keeps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »