Skip to main content

Szechuan & five spice steak slice

If you liked the lemon & thyme steak recipe I shared a few weeks back, I guarantee you are going to love this one even more. Inspired by this Jamie Oliver recipe, this is a super easy but super awesome tasting dish that is bound to get you a standing ovation at the dinner table.

DSC02855

Ingredients
Two good sized steaks
2 teaspoons Szechuan peppercorn
1 teaspoon five spice powder
1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
1 thumb-size piece of ginger
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 chilli (optional)
Juice of 1 lime
Olive oil

DSC02856

Pound the Szechuan peppercorns with the five spice, salt and pepper with a pestle and mortar. Drizzle some olive oil over the steaks then sprinkle the Szechuan five spice mix over and rub it in.

DSC02857

Heat a griddle or pan, then cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on how well or rare you like them done. Rest the steaks 5-10 minutes after cooking, then slice them up thinly.

DSC02858

Grate the ginger, garlic and ginger and sprinkle over the steak slices and toss gently with the meat juices. Squeeze the lime juice over before serving.

DSC02860

The taste is almost orgasmic. My regular dinner patron was too full after dinner to stand up to give me my standing ovation, but he assured me that it deserved one.

Happy Friday!

~~~

Linking up to…

Photobucket

Comments

  1. I'm giving you the standing ovation, you deserve it! This looks too yummy to just stare at it and not makes the tummy growl with hunger.

    Thanks for linking up with my Foodie Fridays =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... thank you... *humble bow* credits to Jamie Oliver and the power of Google search

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I'm drooling just reading that. Mmmm steak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it Marita. The recipe is very forgiving... very hard to mess it up!

      Delete
  3. You make that steak look amazing!!! Thanks for you support in linking up. We made your mug cake on Friday night. I am going to share the pic of it very soon on facebook. It was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will look out for the pic... I love checking out other people's real photos of the same recipe we've both tried out. You can tag me just to alert me to it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »