Skip to main content

Prayers for good health & long life

There's nothing like having a grandchild to restore faith to heredity
-Doug Larsen

The Round of Life
With each passing year, there have been increasingly more announcements of engagements, weddings and babies in the circle of people I know. I suppose it’s just the natural season of life we’re all going through at this time. So many happy occasions and celebrations…

The Dark Visitor
But in the midst of all the fanfare, lurks a darker-faced visitor – the grim reaper. Through the years, the happy announcements are also interjected with tearful news of sickness and death, especially of the older generation.

Just this past week alone, very good friends of ours received news of their ailing father’s turn for the worse who is now sitting on his deathbed.

It’s a thought that’s rarely said out loud, and even so only in a whisper. The clock never stops ticking. Time is precious.

Doting Grandparents
Last month we had the privilege of having my parents over to visit,. I found tremendous joy in watching the doting grandparent-grandchild relationship between my parents and my son. Truly there is something wonderful and special in the love between grandparent and grandchild.

Due to distance and language barriers, I myself sadly missed out on the privilege of experiencing the best of what grandparent relationships are all about. Already two of my grandparents have passedaway.

Good Health and Long Life
Hence one of my most fervent prayers is for my own parents good health and long life, so that my children can grow old enough to remember them and love them for always.

Grandparents are a family's greatest treasure, the founders of a loving legacy, The greatest storytellers, the keepers of traditions that linger on in cherished memory. Grandparents are the family's strong foundation. Their very special love sets them apart. Through happiness and sorrow, through their special love and caring, grandparents keep a family close at heart. -Author Unknown

~~~

Linking up to

www.ajugglingmom.com

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »