Skip to main content

More Mishu

Back by popular demand, here is more of Mishu...

IMG_0295

We've had Mishu for almost five weeks now, and day by day, we see more and more of his personality is coming through. He really likes being around us, and whichever part of the house we're hanging around, he won't be too far away. But it's different from a dog. A dog will immediately jump up and follow you closely at your heels whenever you shift your position, even if it's just a milimeter away.

Mishu's movements are more subtle, for example when getting up from the living area and to go the bedroom to put the laundry away, if I'm away for more than 1-2 minutes, not very long later I will see an orange creature lurking in the doorway, peering about curiously. If he is especially curious, he will give a meow as if to enquire what I'm doing.

Here he is hanging around in the living room on the couch arm rest. That orange cushion is his own special private cushion.

CIMG2457

A close up pic of him on his cushion: He looks so cute until cannot tahan sometimes... don't you feel like so *gaaarrggghh*... wanna hug him to bits *eeesh*

CIMG2450

He moves around the house at his own leisure, and sometimes ends up in the oddest places.

CIMG2438

But we don’t allow him on our bed, and not on the dining table, or the kitchen counter, and he is not allowed inside cupboards and cabinets, which he seems to have an obsession with. The moment you open a cabinet or cupboard, he will want to climb inside.

Recently he started to teach himself how to push the linen cupboard doors open, so we had to put a stool in front to block the way, hopefully he’ll eventually forget about it and we can avoid him getting into a habit with that.

Every morning when he hears us stirring and moving around as we get out of bed, he'll appear beside us and start meowing for breakfast and some attention. Interestingly, he doesn't meow to wake us up at a set time but will only start meowing when he hears us waking up. So on Saturday morning when we sleep in a bit longer, we don't have to worry about him bugging us for food and love.

On some mornings if I creep out of bed quietly, I'll catch him still sleeping. He sometimes sleeps like a person on his back like this. Cracks me up every time.

CIMG2497

Many people ask me why we call him Mishu. Well when we come home at the end of the day, he'll be there waiting at the door for us and we'll say to him "we mish you, we mish you!" and he'll aways respond in some way, either meowing, lying on his back for a tummy rub, or rubbing his cheek against our leg. So that's why we call him Mishu!

CIMG2504

Aaaaahh, Mishu... you really are the cutest cat!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »