Skip to main content

Another birthday rolls by

As you might have guessed, I have a lot of overdue posts and pictures to share. Here are some images from my birthday which I celebrated in November... Presents received: 1. Latest Steven Curtis Chapman album (from myself to me)

CIMG2473

2. Earrings (from colleagues)

CIMG2472

3. Jewelry Box (from hubs - he tricked me with a 'small version' of the present and only gave me one of the sections/compartments from the whole set, then later on he surprised me with the 'full version')

CIMG2513

For dinner, we went to 'Essex' in Fremantle and hubby was blown away by the meal. Hubs is rarely extravagant in his praise of western food (or any restaurant food for that matter), but upon tasting the food, he used words I never even knew he had in his vocabulary to describe the food... Entrée: five spice seared scallops with crispy pork belly with a warm salad of shitake mushroom and beansprouts - we liked this especially, the scallops were cooked to perfection and the pork belly was nice and crispy and the shitake mushrooms were just yummy!

CIMG2480

Main: hubby's was fillet of beef filled with local scallops, grilled and topped with garlic cream and served with potato mash, mine was essentially the fish of the day, but it was some special fish from bunbury (can't remember the name) served with pumpkin and a light salad... very nice indeed.

CIMG2486

Dessert: selection of Icky Sticky pudding enriched with butterscotch sauce, crème brulee, key lime tart, strawberries and cream, and a berry parfait

CIMG2488

Thanks also for the phonecalls, birthday cards and numerous Facebook messages!!! I feel so surrounded by love.

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »