Skip to main content

Yet will I praise Thee

Yesterday at cell, I shared about what we had been going through over the past week.

(...was it really only last week that it all happened? A lot has changed since then...)

I thought I would be fully calm and composed by now. But in the midst of the sharing, I couldn't stop the choking feeling in my throat as I recounted the chain of events and affirmed God's faithfulness through it all. Truly He has been my strength. And truly I have been riding on the wings of prayers of many loved ones these past couple of weeks.

For yesterday's worship, I chose one of my favourite songs "Yet Will I Praise Thee" which the familiar refrain is repeated throughout Psalm 42... "Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Saviour and my God"



...My tears have been my food day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"...

...Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?


Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God...


Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.

By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.


I say to God my Rock,
"Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning...

...Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?


Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God
.

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »