Skip to main content

I guess it's worth it

Saturday morning, I was forced to drag my sleepy and tired self out of bed at 7.15am (Aaarrrrghhhh!!! Saturdays are meant for sleeping in!!!!!!). Culprit??? No one else but by my dear hubby.

WHY?????

Answer: Canning Vale Markets.

So half an hour later I found myself walking in the slightly chilly air toward the entrance of the fruit and veg warehouse of the markets.

Aaahhh... haven't been here in a while. But things are still the same. Surrounded by black haired folks in the mad scramble for the most unspoilt piece of melon, cabbage heads, carton of apples etc. etc. etc.

Because of the tremendously cheap price, we ALSO left the place with some fresh produce:- rockmelons, leafy chinese greens, garlic and cabbages... which we split amongst ourselves and hubby's colleagues who were with us.

After that we proceeded to the fish markets. I had never been inside this section before, so this was something new! There I was armed with plastic gloves, perusing and pressing fish for quality and freshness. We ended up buying two MASSIVELY ENORMOUS fish... trout and salom, each weighing about 4kg each and measuring about 60cm!!! I should have taken a photo of the fish then, but my hands were very slimy and fishy, and by the time I got cleaned up, we had already taken the fish behind to get it cut up to share with hubby's colleagues (definitely impossible for one family to finish everything themselves!)



I cooked the first batch on Sunday night. Baked salmon. Didn't need to add any extra seasoning and the fish tasted so buttery and succulent. *mouth watering*

I also bought about 700g of fresh prawns. Haven't decided yet how to cook them, but they should taste lovely!



So although I had to sacrifice my usual Saturday morning sleep in... I guess it was worth it!

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »