Skip to main content

Mother’s Day Interview with Nathan and Grace

Hello! Happy Mother’s Day to all you gorgeous mums. I salute you for your vastly underrated superpowers of magic healing kisses, the ability to go into super-stealth mode during nap times, having invisible eyes at the back of your head, and having a sixth sense for mischief even (or especially) during moments of absolute silence.

supermomimage source

I stumbled across this adorable set of questions to ask your child about mummy and of course the first thing I thought of was to try it out on my own two wacky kids.

My two little wackos are absolutely crazy over each other. However often during our conversations, they can drive each other (and me) crazy interrupting one another, trying to talk over each other and yelling for a turn to get a word in.

So like the clever girl I am, this is what I told them: “Hey children, let’s play a game!” [Yeah! Hooray! I love games!] “I’m going to put this piece of sticky tape over your mouth. Then I will ask you both a question. When it’s your turn to talk, I will open the sticky tape so you can answer the question. And then we’ll close the sticky tape again until it’s time to answer the next question.” [Yeah! I want the sticky tape! Put on the sticky tape mummy!!!].

Supermum Tip: Any weird stunt you want to pull off can be fun if you turn it into a game. NB: Nathan is five and Grace is almost three. So these clever mummy tricks can still work on them. Also, I made Grace go first with each question because she has a tendency to copy or mimic her older brother.

So anyway here are their answers…

  1. What is something mum always says to you?
    Grace: Kiss me!
    Nathan: I love you always.
     
  2. What makes mum happy?
    Grace: Hug me!
    Nathan: When I give her presents.
     
  3. What makes mum sad?
    Grace: Crying.
    Nathan: When I do naughty things.
     
  4. How does mum make you laugh?
    Grace: Like this… Muahahahaha!!!
    Nathan: When she laughs, I laugh too.
     
  5. What was mum like as a child?
    Grace: Like a ballerina.
    Nathan: Maybe you had long hair and you had a little body like me.
     
  6. How old is mum?
    Grace: Two!
    Nathan: One hundred? No, I think it’s ten.
     
  7. How tall is mum?
    Grace: She is bigger and bigger and bigger!
    Nathan: This long! (stretching his arms wide)
     
  8. What is her favourite thing to do?
    Grace: Play
    !
    Nathan: Eat.
     
  9. What does mum do when you’re not around?
    Grace: Play!
    Nathan: I think she will like to look for me.
     
  10. What is mum really good at?
    Grace: Play!
    Nathan: Reading books.
     
  11. What is mum not very good at?
    Grace: Be sad.
    Nathan: I don’t know?
     
  12. What does you mum do for  job?
    Grace: Play!
    Nathan: Look after kids.
     
  13. What is your mum’s favourite food?
    Grace: Pasta!
    Nathan: I’m not sure. Toast?
     
  14. What makes you proud of your mum?
    Grace: Do funny face.
    Nathan: You cook nice things for me.
     
  15. If your mum was a character, who would she be?
    Grace: Superman!
    Nathan: Supergirl.
     
  16. What do you and your mum do together?
    Grace: Run and run and run and run!
    Nathan: Read.
     
  17. How are you and mum the same?
    Grace: Drive the car. (huh?)
    Nathan: We have the same hair.
     
  18. How are you and mum different?
    Grace: Driving the car. (???)
    Nathan: We don’t have the same face. We are not the same height.
     
  19. How do you know your mum loves you?
    Grace: Forever!!!
    Nathan: Cos’ she told me that.
     
  20. What does your mum like most about your dad?
    Grace: Feelin’ good…
    Nathan: He loves you.
     
  21. I love mummy because…
    Grace: Because you kiss me and hug me.
    Nathan: Cos’ you love me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »