Skip to main content

Movie night in the park

Summer is upon us! And I’m absolutely loving it. It’s so good to get outdoors and play in the sunshine and bright sunny weather.

I don’t really mind the warmer weather. However the big downside for me is that the kids have been waking up earlier than usual due to the early sunrise. But that is after all the lure of summer... longer days for longer play time.

So last weekend we decided to head outdoors for a family movie night in the park by taking advantage of the free outdoor cinema at the Northbridge Piazza.

DSC04364

We packed a picnic dinner (courtesy of Maccas), picked a spot on the green lawn and settled into the complimentary bean bags provided. They were playing one of Nathan’s favourites: Monsters Inc.

DSC04375

So there we all were, sitting out in the sunshine, munching on burgers, nuggets and fries, sipping on icy cold carbonated drinks, with a giant LED screen playing a favourite flick – can it get any better than this?

DSC04372

Grace wasn’t really into the movie, but she enjoyed herself anyway just sitting back and being part of all the action and excitement.

It was a fun day.

DSC04378

Northbridge Piazza Free Outdoor Cinema
Corner of James & Lake Street, Northbridge, Western Australia
Open 24 hours a day showcasing a variety of films and presentations all year round
including Free Flicks for Kids

 

P.S. The next morning at breakfast as we were saying grace, Nathan piped in and asked if he could add a prayer: “Dear Jesus, thank you for daddy bring me to watch Sully blue monster and Mike green monster on the big TV and have a picnic, in Jesus name, Amen”. So spontaneous and sweet. And clearly, the movie picnic left a huge impression on him.

 

Linking up to Jess’s IBOT party

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness that prayer is just the sweetest thing ever! What a great night out - looks like lots of fun xx Josefa #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Josefa. So much fun! And our little one just surprises us all the time with sweet little random things like these.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know they had movies in there. Thanks for sharing. It will be something to remember the next time we are in Perth. Do you hire the bean bags?

    It is nice when kids do see and appreciate the special things we do for them isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nice when our kids can tell us how much they enjoy and appreciate the things we do for them. I'm sure your kids will enjoy it too. There is a schedule of upcoming movies posted on their website so you can plan your itinerary for the day when you're in the city. The bean bags are complimentary. If you get there on time or early, there should be plenty to go around.

      Delete
  3. The best things in life are free. What wonderful memories you have created by just taking some time out for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed... all those childhood memories of going to the beach, swimming and family holidays still stay with me!

      Delete
  4. What a great thing to be able to do! My kids would be in heaven as well. :)
    Love the impromptu grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. :) I loved the impromptu prayer from my boy as well... adds to the sweetness of the whole experience as a family so much more!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness how gorgeous. That prayer is certainly one to remember and cherish. What a lovely family evening out it does not take much does it to have quality family time. My little boy has also just discovered monsters. Thank you for this I am in Perth too I must check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Druime! Monsters must be playing on repeat mode in your household... soon you'll have the script all memorised like me (sigh). The free movies at the northbridge piazza are definitely worth checking out if you're in the city... they post the schedule of upcoming movies on their website I believe

      Delete
  6. A lovely family outing, Serene. Will have to add that to our list of things to do as a family. We have not yet ventured out to the cinemas - indoor or out as yet, but must be time to give it a go now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. We havent ventured to the cinema indoors yet either. I think this outdoor version is a better option as it's somewhat less restrictive on having to keep the kids super quiet and sitting still for such a long period... and it's free!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »