Skip to main content

The fluffiest 7-up pancakes

So since our days of just the two of us, one of our favourite Saturday morning routines is to enjoy a slow leisurely breakfast together as a family.

Sometimes we have french toast, or oatmeal porridge, or scrambled eggs and sausages, or  egg and toast muffins or homemade bacon and egg mcmuffins, or the classic favourite… Pancakes!

I’m a big fan of Macdonald’s hotcakes. I just find their texture so irresistibly fluffy and light. I’ve tried numerous times to re-create the same fluffiness in my homemade pancakes but always to no avail… until recently when I discovered a magic ingredient… 7-up!

And best of all, this simple recipe falls under my four ingredients category! So here’s the recipe…

Super light and fluffy 7-Up pancakes

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup 7-Up/Sprite*
1 cup self-raising flour

(*Can substitute Sprite/7-Up with any fizzy lemon drink or carbonated water)

DSC03412

Whisk eggs, milk and 7-Up/Sprite together until light and frothy. Add in flour and mix well together. Ladle 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot pan or griddle and cook until golden brown on one side, then flip over and cook for 30-45 seconds until golden brown on the other side.

Serve warm with favourite spreads and toppings.

DSC03413

Makes approximately 4-6 servings… depends on how hungry your troops are. Best be prepared with a little extra batter for backup. I started out with about half the amount of batter in the recipe, but ended up having to mix up a second batch for my two hungry boys at breakfast.

~~~

Linking up to

 

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »