Skip to main content

Six reasons why the 1st trimester is the toughest

DSC02934The little helper giving mummy a hand so she can put her feet up

So I am now approaching Week 17 of my pregnancy, and I think I might be just beginning to feel normal again. It’s been a rollercoaster ride these past couple of months. Although this is my second time round of baby-baking, it’s been quite a different experience from my first one.

But I have SURVIVED! And I am glad to say that I am now one-third of the way there! Things can only get better from this point on. Hubs and I started throwing out baby name ideas and thinking when and how to explain the pregnancy to Nathan and get him ready for the arrival of a sibling.

To sort of explain my lack of activity lately, here are the top six reasons why this first trimester has been the most challenging part of this journey so far…

#1. Not having as much support
from folks around me ~ not that it’s anyone’s fault, as generally there is no big announcement until after the first trimester so people will have no idea how much I’m suffering.

#2. Nobody gives up their seat for me
on the bus or train ~ with no outward apparent sign of pregnancy, nobody bats an eye even though I might be feeling viciously ill and possibly need a seat even more than a 6-month pregnant woman.

#3. Not being able to enjoy food
to my heart’s content ~ with all the nausea and morning sickness and evening sickness, food just doesn’t taste as yummy as it usually does. Eating was just a mechanical process of getting foods I could stand into my tummy.

#4. Feeling very unproductive
most days I was so tired that I just crashed into bed right after putting Nathan to bed at 9.00pm or even as early as 8.00pm. I’m not usually a napper, but on weekends or days off, I sneaked off to take a nap whenever I could. It left very little time to do much of anything except the bare minimum of activities.

#5. Not enjoying usual favourite activities
and hobbies ~ during this whole period I felt like I was living in a haze of morning sickness all day long. Everything I did seemed to be tinged with nausea and lethargy, whether it was eating, cooking, playing with Nathan, watching movies, Facebooking and even blogging… nothing felt quite the same as it normally did.

#6. Just not feeling like myself
in the haze of morning sickness I was floating around in every day, it was difficult to feel ‘normal’. Even in general everyday activities and conversations, I felt that part of me wasn’t there. When I tried blogging, the sentences I wrote sounded foreign and unnatural.

~~~

The biggest thing that got me through one day at a time was simply remembering this…

But now that the first trimester is behind me, things should start to get better so I’m looking forward to sharing the journey along with you.

 

Happy Monday folks!

~~~

Linking up to

www.ajugglingmom.com

Comments

  1. Yay, u r now at 1/3 of the journey. Cant wait to see ur lil bub#2!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thanks Shu-Yin. Just Less than six more months to go! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Glad that you're feeling much better now and is already 1/3 of the way there. Exciting times ahead. Thinking of baby names is the most fun part now. I ant wait to hear more of your pregnancy journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Definitely exciting times. Hubby and I started randomly throwing out name ideas already.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »