Skip to main content

Freezing the picture: Nathan at one year old

At one year old, Nathan has been zooming ahead into the toddler zone. It’s amazing to see him grow, making new discoveries each day… but often I wish I could just freeze the picture.

DSC00804 DSC00802

So before it all slips away, I made myself sit down to jot down some key highlights…

Top things he loves doing…

  1. Walking – which officially commenced on 8th January 2012, and since then it’s been non-stop all day long. The only time he stays still (somewhat) is during meal times and nap times
  2. Putting things into containers and boxes, taking them out, and putting them in again – I recently gave him an empty ice-cream tub with a flip-top lid which is now one of his favourite things
  3. Reading books together – he calls them ‘behks’ and when he wants some reading time, he will grab a book, hand it to me or daddy and say “behk-behk”. He loves turning the pages even though he often turns them too quickly – all part the fun I suppose
  4. Playing catch – all it takes is a “I’m gonna getcha!!!” and you’ll have Nathan trotting away as fast as his chubby little legs can take him, laughing and screaming with delight

New words…

  • Mum-mum = Food
  • Apeh = Up
  • Behk = Book
  • Poo-poo = Poo a.k.a. #2 (which he sometimes only says whilst I’m cleaning his bum)

Other words he understands but hasn’t really started saying consistently yet: Spoon, Milk and Water (which he sometimes calls ‘teh’)

Recently learnt new skills:

  • Waving bye-bye
  • Playing with shape sorters
  • Placing teddy to sit upright on a chair or the potty

Favourite foods/snacks include:

  • Mild curry and rice
  • Cruskits
  • Arrowroot biscuits
  • Cheerios
  • Bread
  • Yoghurt and fruit

Other funny quirks:

  • Needs to hold onto a spoon while eating
  • Likes to hold onto a toy or object and walk everywhere with it

DSC00803 DSC00805 DSC00807

And that’s my boy at one-year old!

Comments

  1. Flexing his fingers and mouthing "Twinkle, twinkle little star with Jia Poh

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaahhhhh.... good one grandma!!! missed that very important one... thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »