Skip to main content

Week 11 update

We’re midway through week 11. Nathan is growing rapidly… I can really feel him getting heavier as the days go by. He now weighs around 6.2kg – this is based on our primitive weighing method of stepping on the scales with baby, then stepping on again without baby, and then calculating the difference.

Nathan’s smiles and laughs just keep getting more and more charming. Things that make him smile and chuckle include:

1. Waking up fresh and happy after a good nap to mummy’s beautiful face looking down at him ^_^

2. Mummy singing his current favourite songs – Cole Porter’s ‘True Love’ and Sunday School classic ‘Little By Little/He's Changing Me

3. Daddy playing bouncy-bouncy with him

4. Practicing standing on his legs like a big boy (still with plenty of support and balance in the background from mum or dad)

The big highlight this week was rolling over from tummy to back. On Monday morning tummy time, Nathan was just flopping around as usual and for a moment everything just clicked into place and in that split second I watched him flip onto his back all by himself. I was ecstatic and smothering Nathan with kisses exclaiming “Did you know what you just did? Did you know what you just did?”. Unfortunately I didn’t snap a photo of the moment, but here is a post-flip shot of the jubilant back flipper…

CIMG3662

I think he was a bit pooped from all the exertion, and probably also a little puzzled at mummy’s excitement. I think the whole episode was sort of an accident for him and he was just like “eeeerrrr… soooo… what just happened?”. He hasn’t repeated the back flipping again since then, but it does show some physical development of what he is capable of.

Nathan also caught a little cold. Sigh… so young already got sick. I bought one of those bulb syringes to suck out the phlegm from his nose. He goes berserk each time I use it on him. Sometimes it takes two grown adults (namely dad and mum) to conduct a phlegm sucking session. Apart from a bit of runny nose and an occasional cough, he’s been a pretty happy baby.

His wake times are getting longer to close to 1½ hours, including feeding. After waking up, he’ll nurse for about 20-30 minutes, then I’ll let him wiggle and stare happily at his toys in his baby gym, followed by some tummy time, and then some cuddles, singing and talking with mummy.

CIMG3664

Another big thing is that he managed to sleep through the night, skipping his 3.00am feed two nights in a row! I thought we were on a winning streak but then on the third night he woke up again at 3.00am. Oh well, we’ll get there eventually.

I’m contemplating stretching out his day cycles to closer to 3½ - 4 hours. The reason is because I always seem to have to wake him for almost all his day feeds. Sometimes I wait until after 3 hours since his last feed and still have to wake him up. But part of me wonders if I’m jumping the gun there as we’re still not yet home free on the sleeping through the night milestone. Should I wait or should I move forward with the stretch?

Comments

  1. You can wait :)
    But in the end, it's up to you and it depends on what he needs (which you would know best anyway).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »