Skip to main content

Week 10 update

Nathan is 10 weeks and 3 days today. His toothless gummy smile gets ever more charming each day and it’s what I look forward to seeing every morning. Unfortunately I can never capture that grin it all its gummy glory on camera because the moment we hold that shiny black and silver object up in front of him, he just stops and stares at it super intently…

CIMG3640

With a lot of coaxing and funny faces from mum and dad, he will eventually give us a sweet little smile like this…

CIMG3643

Then once we put the camera down, he'll flash us another gummy grin and we will be like “haaaaaiya… now only then you smile!”. Cheeky fella! Nevermind we’ll get that grin out of you on camera one day!

As you can see, Nathan’s legs are getting stronger. He can support his weight on his legs pretty well, with of course some help from mum or dad to keep him balanced.

He’s also already learnt to suck his fist. Not all the time though, usually when he’s tired, so it’s one of the cues I look out for to know when he’s ready for nap time.

CIMG3636

He’s still not yet sleeping through the night consistently, though I have a funny feeling that he’s actually ready to drop the middle of the night feed but his biological clock just still a little stuck at needing to wake up at 3.00am every morning. I’m still contemplating a few options to tackle this:

1. Gradually help him shift his clock by waking up 15 minutes earlier bit by bit until we get his clock aligned closer to his late evening feed – this approach might be a bit fiddly and may take some trial and error to get the right timing

2. Get a pacifier and use it to help him settle back to sleep – however we’ve never used a pacifier with him before, so I’m a bit dubious about this as I don’t want to start a bad habit, plus I’m not even sure if he’ll accept it

3. Wait and see approach – just tahan a few more nights or weeks and see if he’ll eventually drop it on his own

Anyone have any other tips or ideas?

Comments

  1. my little nephew just seems to get cuter and cuter!! can't wait to see him soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »