Skip to main content

Easing back into my routine

Yesterday was my first day back at work after my ten days holiday.

For ten days, I did not even take a little peek at my email. Usually towards last few days of a holiday, I sometimes log into my work email just get myself mentally prepared for the barrage of emails that awaits me upon my return.

I really did intend to check in, but on Day 8 of my break, after I had pulled up the remote access login page to my work email, my mind literally went blank as I paused to remember my email password.

This must be a sign of a good holiday… I was so completely immersed in it that I could even forget something so essential to my daily work routine. Sigh.

I thought that I would have to go through the whole rigmarole of reporting the issue to IT and resetting my password and all… but as I plonked down in front of my desk and loaded up the login screen on my desktop, the epiphany came just like that!

I smiled, keyed in the nine magical characters, and grinned in glee when the machine’s acceptance was bestowed.

So that was my first non-drama at my first day back at work.

Other nice things that greeted me at my desk…

A gift hamper from a client – in appreciation of half killing myself rushing out a report right up to the last moment before I went on leave. Contents of the hamper include Lindt chocolates and Chandon Brut sparkling wine.

25022010088

Home cooked soup for lunch by hubby – hubby’s survival strategy for the entire period I was away was to cook up a massive pot of soup at the start of the week, and live on it for the next 3-4 days. It was such a massive batch, there was still plenty left for me as well when I got back. How nice… at least I don’t need to plunge straight back into the whole cooking routine immediately.

25022010093

It is nice to have little things like this to help me ease back gently into my routine.

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »