Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Grace

After my last mega update post, I’m a bit short on news this month. But the big highlight I must talk about this month is of course our dear Grace’s birthday!

IMG_20180117_213907_888

We decided to splurge a little to give Grace her first bona fide big birthday bash at the Pickled Fairy in Fremantle. She chose a ‘Mermaid and Sea Fairies’ theme for her party, complete with a Mermaid cake and a Sea Fairy to host her party.

PhotoGrid_1532155983636

The kids had a blast and it was a nice change to just kick back and just sit back to enjoy the party (and swipe my credit card afterwards).

IMG_20180721_143659_658

For weeks and weeks I had been quietly sussing out what her top birthday present wish list items were. Nathan had been subtly trying to sneak in some Lego references into her thought process. But I was determined to nail down her true wish list…

(I don’t know if it speaks for a certain level of maturity in her or simply a sign of girly-deprivation).

Anyway, here we are at five.

So what has this short space between four and five been like?

Well one big highlight is of course: school—which has been  absolute blast. Kindy runs for just two and three days a week, and she looks forward to every session each week. She’s one of the oldest in her class, so the standard literacy and numeracy work has been a walk through the park for her. And having an older sibling who has been through the ropes definitely gives a vantage point.

IMG_20180614_104817977

What else?

Well, after ages of trying to grow her hair out (at her big brother’s insistence not to cut it), we felt it was finally time for a solid chop. We made a weekend of it, mummy and daughter both. I went for a short bob on Saturday so she could see for herself that it was no big deal. Then on Sunday I lopped it off myself. Did a pretty neat job of it too I must say.

We had a weekend of haircuts for the girls

A post shared by Serenely (@livingserenely) on

We still have our special time on Fridays together. I’m so glad I’m able to hold on this little girl part of her just a bit longer. She’s in such a hurry to grow up. So these Fridays are just a small way to slow time down just a bit.

Slowing down on a Friday morning to hang out with my favourite little girl

A post shared by Serenely (@livingserenely) on

We linger over breakfast and lunch. Take our time at the shops as I pick up groceries and run errands. Read. Cook. Bake. Hang out in the garden. Enjoy tea parties on the floor with the toys. Play boardgames (which can be tricky sometimes as this girl loves to win).

#playingmasakmasak with my little girl

A post shared by Serenely (@livingserenely) on

This space between four and five has been chock full of adorableness-- especially the unique and quirky ‘Gracie’ brand. Here are a few gems I saved…

“Mummy, I had a funny dream last night—” (Oh, what did you dream?) -- I dreamed I fell in love with a banana!”

“Look, I saw mummy put sugar in the washing machine!” (It’s not sugar) “I want to call it sugar.”

“Mummy can I have another kiss goodnight?” (Sure, baby) “Right up here--on my brain.”

(Trying to explain a missing toy) “I can’t find it mummy… first it was here but then it disappeared… I know who did it… it was the ghosies!”

(Gracie, have you put on your swimsuit?) “I did already!” (Grace! You forgot to take off your undies!) “Oopsie! HAHAHAHA! Look I’m like Mister Bean!”

(At bathtime) “I just love my bum bum! Because it’s so round and patty” (giving her little bum a few solid pats).


And that’s my girl.

alfred_037

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »