Skip to main content

A Summery Bubbly Birthday Party

Sorry for the long hiatus. If you are a blogger, I’m you sure you’d know that any form of quietness in the online space just means we are busy doing stuff and living life.

Lots of news and updates to share. But first up, some snippets of Nathan’s big five birthday party bash. I wanted to have a really relaxed, chilled-out party. Just a chance for Nathan’s friends to pop over for a play.

We had the party at the neighbourhood playground just around the corner from our house. Lots of space for the kids to run about, a chance to soak in the lovely summer weather and with minimal post-party clean-up effort.

For the cake, to keep things easy and low-fuss, I put together a ‘doughnut’ cake. We picked up a couple dozen doughnuts from Krispy Kreme. I stacked them up together and added a few birthday embellishments. And there you go. A celebratory cake for our birthday cake! It was terrific because we didn’t have to worry about cutting it up and portioning it up onto plates wit forks and so on. After the birthday candles were blown, everyone could just grab a piece and dig in!

DSC08101A_thumb1

I set up a goodie bag station for all the kids to mix and match their own goodie bag. So it also doubled up as another activity to keep them all occupied. And I think the kids liked having a sort of sense of ownership of choosing the items they wanted to go in their bag.

DSC08086A_thumb2

So far for Nathan’s parties, I always aim to plan one main party activity. Last year it was lollipops. This year it was all about BUBBLES!

DSC08079A_thumb3

I set up a big bubble station with an assortment of bubble blowers and wands, straws, containers, ‘make your own bubble wand’ section with chenille craft pipecleaners, plus a mega-sized tub full of homemade bubble solution for the kids to refill their cups as much as they liked.

DSC08080A_thumb3

The (almost) unlimited supply of bubble solution allowed the kids the freedom to experiment with all sorts of new ways to explore and play with bubbles. Blowing the bubble solution with straws was an especially popular experiment.

DSC08094A_thumb2

I threw in some buckets, spades and scoops on the sand at the playground area and then it was party time! I think it turned out to be the relaxed, chilled out party I wanted. The air filled with bubbles floating all around, with the kids chasing bubbles and running back and forth between the playground, sand toys and bubble station.

DSC08089A_thumb1

My other favourite special touch at the party were these bottled water drinks a.k.a. ‘melted snow’. What do you think? I put them together myself with the help of these lovely stickers from Stickerkid.

DSC08075_thumb1

So there you go, just a quick glimpse of some of the little things that have been keeping me occupied lately. All for my favourite little guy.

Happy birthday Nathan! Love you always and forever.

DSC08096A_thumb1

Comments

  1. lovely n relax party. and such a lovely playground as your party venue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »