Skip to main content

Fanciful imaginings of a four year old

DSC07027

On the other end of the spectrum (next to his little sister’s fixation on all things practical and tangible) is my imaginative four year old with his whimsical and sometimes offbeat ideas…

“Mummy, when I grow up, I want to be a knight. I will ride on a horse and have a sword.
I will wear a black helmet with a red feather. I will fight dragons and bad people.
Grace can be the princess. And I can also be the prince so we can get married.”

*****

“Mummy, you know what? I wish our blue car can drive by itself. So daddy will sit in front,
but the wheels will turn by itself and the car will go on its own. And our grey car too!
And I can sit in front and the car will drive by itself. That will be nice.”

*****

“Mummy, I was thinking about something… that our family can all be like superheroes.
Daddy can be Batman. I will be Superman with a blue cape. You can be Batgirl. Grace can be a Superman but a girl Superman… Oh I know! A Supergirl. Daddy and you will drive a Batmobile. I will drive a Batmobile too, but mine is a purple one. Your one is pink. Gracie’s one is purple. And daddy’s one will be… ermmm… Green! When we see a cat, we can climb up to rescue it. Also if we see a car break down, we can use a rope to tie it with a red hook and pull it. And then we will take the car to the mechanic to get it fixed. We can do so many things.”

*****

DSC06929

DSC06876

DSC06918

(Bottom three photos taken at the Trick Eye Museum in Sentosa, Singapore)

Comments

  1. Tell Nathan such self driving car is now available. There will be plenty when he is of driving age :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self-driving, talking car... that is the dream! And true, he might very well be able to own one by the time he is old enough to drive!

      Delete
  2. I would like to order his first book when it is released in the future, oh yes, Aunty would like to have the signature of the handsome knight ! The photos here will make his imaginations soar to greater heights ! Kudos to mum & dad !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty wacky stories but I shall put you on his waiting list for his future book if it ever gets published some day!

      Delete
  3. Hello Serene, thank you for visiting Trick Eye Museum in Singapore and hope you had great time with us. We would like to share some of your photo at TEM in our blog for English speakers (http://trickeye.blogspot.com). If it's ok with you, please let us know. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Team TEM! How nice of you to pop by and say hello. Our family had a great time at the museum when we were in Singapore. You are welcome to share the photos on your blog with credits linked to my blog :)

      Delete
    2. Hello Serene, your photo will be featuring in the blog sometime in next week with so please do check our blog by end of the week! :) Thank you.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for sharing our photos on your blog. It was fun seeing the other visitor's creative versions of the same photo settings we posed in! ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »