Skip to main content

The best podcast series

One of my favourite things about planning a holiday, is thinking about the little things to bring along to fill in any waiting times or gaps between activities… like a good book or magazine, a solid music playlist, colouring sheets for the kids, maybe even a small knitting or crochet project.

For ages I had bookmarked this top recommended podcast called: Serial – an investigative journalistic series hosted by Sarah Koenig.

image

I decided that this trip would be the perfect time to listen to this greatly talked about series. So I added it to the podcast playlist on my phone so it would all ready to go once we set off. I thought I should give it a quick test just to make sure it worked. So I hit the play button for the first episode in the series, The Alibi, to listen in for the first few minutes… and I WAS HOOKED. It is so good I tell you. The story just gripped me and wouldn’t let go.

Here is the background on the story behind this series:

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

The entire investigation revolves around a real murder case. Adnan Sayed was convicted of first degree murder and is now spending a life sentence in prison. However Sarah Koenig (the host of this series) has doubts about his guilt. So she decides to undertake her own quest for the truth.

I was so hooked that I ended up listening to all 12 episodes in the series before the trip. Sigh. So there goes my holiday podcast playlist plan.

If you haven’t listened to this series before, I highly recommend it.

Have a beautiful week!

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »