Skip to main content

Father and Son Date: Octonauts Live!

Holiday season is almost upon us here. I actually should be busy frantically running around trying to get a million things done before then. But I’ve just recently been down with a very sniffly cold… as well as the procrastination bug.

So I’m borrowing some big happenings from my hubby as a space filler in the meantime…

Presenting, The Big Father & Son Date: Octonauts Live!

DSC06655

Depending on what stage of life you are currently at or what part of the world you currently live in, the word ‘Octonauts’ could either generate a “Oooooooooooh!!!” or a “Huh?!?! Octo-what???”. But over here in Australia, the Octonauts are huge. Especially with the two to five year old crowd. Particularly boys. Including ours.

Credits for this whole Octonauts date idea goes one hundred percent to my hubs. He was the one who found out about the event, decided on making it a date, bought the tickets and everything. Well, my job was to pack the snack box for the boys.

On the big day, Nathan was just quivering with excitement. Shoes on, standing by the door all ready to go and calling out to his daddy “Let’s go! Let’s go!”.

Hubs splurged out all the way on their date. Tickets. Merchandise ($20 for a photo with the Octonauts and another $20 for some LED light toy thingy). And a private lunch date with just the two of them afterwards. Going by Nathan’s non-stop chatter after they arrived home (tired but happy), I can confidently deduce that the date was a big hit.

Here are some of the photos they took during their date if you’d like to see. My only complaint is that they missed out on a father and son selfie together.

DSC06654ADSC06650ADSC06657DSC06658DSC06680ADSC06686

Comments

  1. At this age, he will be able to keep this memory. And remember as his best outing with dad. Well done to the daddy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! This date is the best one yet, and of course we hope there will be many more 'best ones' yet to come!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »