Skip to main content

Some recent additions to my favourite things

I haven’t done a post on my favourite things lately but I think it’s about time I did. Here are a few little gems that I’ve discovered list which I think are really worth sharing and recommending.

 

Nookums Paci Plushies

If your baby uses a pacifier or dummy, I think you can definitely relate to the love-hate relationship we have with it. I always dreaded having to sit on the edge of my seat ready to run in to pop it back into baby’s mouth whenever it fell out (when she was really little). So Paci Plushies was my biggest sanity saver in this department. Ever since we started using it, baby was able to look for her dummy whenever it popped out and she quickly learnt to transition through sleep cycles smoothly on her own.

DSC05599

 

Natures Child Bottom Balm

As a user of cloth nappies, I’ve always been on the hunt for a nappy rash cream or ointment that was effective at preventing and treating nappy rash but also gentle on my cloth nappies. Since discovering this product, I am now a big fan and would recommend it to anyone, whether they use cloth nappies or not. First of all, it smells absolutely amazing. It works like a miracle balm --just a little bit goes a long way. After using it consistently, nappy rashes have been virtually non-existent. And I love the fact that all the ingredients are completely natural and organic. I also dabbed a little bit on myself whenever I have a sore spot and it works like magic.

DSC03815

 

Nutcases Soap Nuts

My friend Rebecca at Bean Sprout Bubba had given me a pack of these to try out. I had heard of soap nuts before but never tried them myself. They are actually a species of berry which when mixed with water release a chemical known as saporin which act as a cleaning agent. It was hard to believe at first that these wrinkly brown things could actually get a whole load of laundry clean simply by placing a few in a small linen pouch and tossing them into the washing machine . But after giving it a try, I was pleasantly surprised by the results. They are more economical and sustainable than regular detergents and work just as effectively at getting clothes clean.

NutCasesSoapNuts

 

And introducing a new product available in Australia for the first time…

Treasures Nappies

A new nappy brand I’ve recently been introduced to is Treasures nappies. I have not used a wide range of disposable nappies and have been fortunate to have kids with minimal skin issues, so I was generally quite content to just use generic or supermarket brands whenever we needed to. So it was really lovely to be able to try this high quality nappy brand, which is on par with the market leading brands in Australia, but offer better value for money (and their adorable Hairy Maclary designs are also really irresistibly cute too!).

DSC05621

Treasures nappies are actually already a well established brand in New Zealand for over 30 years. But they are now stepping onto Australian shores for the first time. If you’d like to try them out for yourselves, you can find them at your local IGA supermarket. If you are looking for a disposable nappy that provides some balance between quality and budget, Treasures would be worth checking out.

DSC05603

*I was gifted with a sample pack of Treasures nappies, but was not obligated to provide a review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »