Skip to main content

Baby movements… the sequel

DSC03617A parting shot of my tippy toes: "Farewell tosie posies, see you in three months!"

In my last post, I mentioned that baby’s movements seem stronger and more apparent compared to the first time round. Hubby says it might be an indication of a fiery personality… well, we can only wait and see.

Here are some observations of this baby’s dance moves in my belly…

Flipping and rolling is a lot more apparent this time round. Maybe it’s due to everything being ‘looser’ and more flexible. At each check-up and scan, baby is always in a complete different position. Sometimes sideways, sometimes pressing outward against my belly, and sometimes completely upside down with his/her head pushing down on my bladder and pelvic bone.

This little one can really throw some hard kicks and punches. Sometimes I feel like I’m having a mini earthquake in there as my whole belly quivers with activity. Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I get the feeling that this little one gets very excited when he/she hears big brother’s happy squeals and laughter nearby. Perhaps children just naturally respond to the sound of other children’s laughter and play.

Spasmic fetal hiccups are not as apparent with this one. With Nathan, I distinctly remember experiencing series of rhythmic spasms for a minute or two every now and then. With this one, the spasms are more sudden and once off. Maybe like a sneeze?

One funny movement I feel is whenever I turn over in bed, I’ll suddenly feel a series of little kicks and spasms inside me. I picture baby who has probably settled down to a comfortable position being flipped over and is frantically waving and kicking its tiny arms and feet going “Aarrrgghh… mummy! mummy! what’s happening???”. Anyway this are the sorts of images I amuse myself with when I’m thinking about baby.

The fetal movements seem to be more apparent when I’m sitting still or lying down. Perhaps it’s because when I’m not moving about, I’d likely notice the movements more. But my feeling is that this baby finds the swaying and rocking from walking about soothing. I am definitely looking to have a little one to babywear again.

Comments

  1. should plant some trees up that hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haiyo… I’ve got enough already going on ‘under’ the hill without stuff growing on top of it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »