Skip to main content

Amazing flea market finds

I think I’ve discovered yet another new-found passion – flea market shopping! All thanks to my friend Jamie who introduced me to the wonderful world of flea markets.

On Sunday morning we headed out bright and early to the flea market at Kardinya and were amazed at the scale of the market. We saw all kinds of sellers who set out their bits and wares on makeshift tables, mats, and backs of trucks and station wagons.

Hubs remarked nonchalantly that flea markets were basically a glorified form of garage sales. Well that may be the case but it’s a whole strip mall of garage sales!

I picked this tupperware shape sorter still in very good condition with all the pieces intact for just $3

CIMG4289

And a nice fleecy vest and a jacket for just 50 cents a piece

CIMG4287

I could have stayed longer pawing through piles of clothes and toys and other thingamajigs but Nathan’s fussiness was bordering on turning into a full scale blowout so we had to cut the excursion short.

My friend Jamie was an even earlier bird than we were and found really excellent bargains – toy blocks for 50 cents a piece, pretty baby dresses and outfits for around $2 a piece and baby shoes/booties for $1 a pair.

I’m eager to head back for more. But I'll be sure to pace myself… 50cents may seem like a small amount but soon adds up as the saying goes… sikit-sikit lama-lama jadi bukit!

Anyway let’s round off the post with some shots of my little model loving his new vest!

CIMG4283 CIMG4280 CIMG4279

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »