Skip to main content

Funny and endearing pregnancy comments

So as my due date looms closer and closer and my belly gets ever bigger and bigger, I've been receiving all sorts of comments and remarks from both people I know and from complete strangers.

I either get smiles and knowing looks from people I pass by on the street or sometimes people might pipe up with a...

"Looks like you're due any day now!"

"Wow... is it a boy or girl?"

"Congratulations!!!" (this came from two little girls who came up to me in a shopping centre and wished me well in unison - very cute)

Then there are the weird remarks which just stop me completely in my tracks because I have no idea how to respond to them, such as...

"Well if you're lucky, you might get an emergency c-section!"

"Make sure you have a GP on hand so you can get access to drugs easily" (Are you sure you don't mean an OB/GYN?) "Nope it's the GP you want"

"Shouldn't you be in the hospital by now?" (this same person asked me this at 28 weeks and again at 35 weeks)

"How can you not have an epidural??? I'm telling you, you'd better get an epidural" (actually we never said we were not having an epidural, we just happened to remark that we were still considering various options)

"Won't you be bedridden or something by then?" (this is looking ahead to 1-2 weeks down the track, apparently I should be sickly and bedridden at 36-37 weeks)

"Don't rearrange any furniture while she's pregnant" (this comment was directed at hubby, and it wasn't about making sure I wasn't lifting heavy things or straining myself, for some reason furniture must stay exactly in the same spot throughout the pregnancy)

All the above comments are shared in the most endearing manner - no offense intended the least!

To underscore my endearing attitude towards such caring and concerned comments, here are more interesting and amusing pregnancy advice from around the world

Comments

  1. I was so tempted to write something up about "things you should never say to a pregnant woman"... but I thought it might not be very kind since most people do not intend to be rude when they say these things. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve meant to post about something like this on my webpage and you gave me an idea. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »