Skip to main content

Milking the sympathy

So what has it been like having Mishu back home again?

Well we just love the little bugger to bits! We’re so happy to have him around looking up adoringly at us at breakfast and dinner time…

CIMG2870

And our little invalid is really milking the sympathy… look at him! This is his “I’m DYING of hunger, feed me!” pose…

CIMG2874

We also need to spoon feed him his dinner now… must be something he picked up during his stay at the hospital.

Mishu is a rather distracted eater. He will chomp on a few bites, then after a while he will walk around or go investigate something. If I’m the designated ‘feeder’ that day, I’ll eventually need to follow him, coaxing him to eat some more. Makes me feel like a parent of a fussy eater kid who can't sit still at the dinner table.

CIMG2884

We have now transitioned to spoon feeding him only the first half of his meal to make sure he swallows the antibiotic pills in the food. After that we will remove the cone and let him finish the rest of the food at his own leisure.

Apart from that, lately he’s also into hogging half the space on the couch… I tell you, this fella’ really know how to enjoy! This scenario reminds me of this story I heard about a kid who sleeps in the same bed as his parents but eventually hogs the bed until the parents have to sleep on the floor.

CIMG2875

OK, need to end this post now. Mishu is pawing at me to scratch his ear and explaining in piteous meows that he can’t reach it as long as he has to endure this plastic bowl around his head.

Toodles!

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »