Skip to main content

Eating in Singapore

Our cute host


Sakae Sushi at Novena


Dinner at Dian Xiao Er in Vivocity


Mabel's little Aften... the blurry images were him waving enthusiastically at the camera


Enjoying xiao long bao at the famous Din Tai Fung restaurant in Paragon


Last day in Singapore breakfast: Kuay Chap, Kaya Toast and Chap Fun


~~~

But... my absolute favourite this time round was at Tiong Shian Porridge Centre nearby Sam's place. Sam brought us there for dinner. I was so mad at myself for forgetting to bring my camera. The porridge was BEEEEEST man, and the side dishes were just amazing, especially the raw fish!!! and the taufu was not bad either. Apparently they also have a branch in Chinatown... a definite MUST MUST try when you're in Singapore.

Here is a photo I took the next day of the porridge centre when we happened to walk pass. Haaaai... too bad I didn't take any photos of the actual food. But like Sam said, sometimes the best moments are the ones that cannot be captured on camera, which perhaps might make you appreciate and savour it more with your own eyes and emotions.



This was the same day we had lost hubby's wallet, so we were feeling a bit down that day. But the porridge and delicacies at Tiong Shian were almost like manna to a dejected spirit. It definitely made our day to be able to enjoy this food. Especially since Sam belanja us dinner too!

I just luuuuuurve the raw fish. This will be definitely one of the things I will look forward to the next time I'm back in Singapore.
(pic source: virtualtourist.com)

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »