Skip to main content

Putting a decision into action

Tomorrow should be an "interesting" day for me.

I shall have to try and break the news to my current manager that I will be leaving. I got an offer from another company, with better pay and hopefully a more fulfilling job.

Although I'm still in my probation period. Which is supposed to be a time of assessment for both parties (i.e. the employer, as well as the employee). I still feel quite bad to have to do this.

I am already starting to think of the repercussions on my manager's side... time time invested in training me so far... the reduction of his team size when I go... and more time that has to spent to look for my replacement... Waaaaahhhh... so terrible!

Plus, the fella is going on his annual leave for 2 weeks starting next week... what a time to drop bad news on him!

I can't imagine how some people can job hop from company to company every few months. I would find it so emtionally draining...

Maybe I'm just thinking too much.

I really, really hope I can catch my manager in a very understanding mood tomorrow. I hope I will be able to say the right things. This so not going to be easy.

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »