Skip to main content

'Tis the season to get married

Lately, I've come across many engagement/wedding announcements from my peers from secondary school...

It almost feels surreal... I look at the faces of these crazy girls I used to see every day at school years ago (only just a few years ago it seems).

Many of them have been living the ideal Sex and the City girls' life. Partying... Trying out different men as they would try out shoes... Working in high-flying careers... Or ekking out a living doing their dream job... And basically just having a good time...

And one by one... they meet The One. And then it seems almost instantly... we hear wind of another engagement... another wedding... another one of us has gone off to tie the nuptial knot. Then come the photos on Friendster or on their blogs/websites... (I love looking at people's wedding photos... it always gives me a warm mushy feeling inside to see the ear-to-ear smiles on the couple's faces)... Another happily every after is over and done.

I know it's not that simple. The reality is much more complex than that. No marriage will be perfect. No life can be 100% complete uninterrupted bliss.

I've met many Love at First Sight couples. And I'm always sceptical at he beginning. How can a lifelong love develop in such a short space of time. Doesn't love have to take a long time to grow and be nurtured?

But then I realised... although it's true that love needs constant care and feeding to keep the flame burning... doesn't it usually or always start with that initial Spark right at the beginning?

Even in a long friendship-growing-into-love situation... there will come a Moment... when everything suddenly becomes clear... and then you know, that you KNOW, that you KNOW, that you KNOW that this is it!

I like that scene in Yasmin Ahmad's movie Sepet: Orked asks "How long does it take to fall in love?", and Ah Loong replies "A moment".

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »