Skip to main content

Bit and pieces of the week

Been quite a few days since I last updated my blog. Busy all week with this current project. Phonecalls, going out to meetings, typing transcripts, emailing... On top of that there's still the usual cleaning, cooking and laundry to do.

Facing information bottlenecks in the project now. We're facing difficulties in obtaining certain industry data. Hope we find a breakthrough soon, otherwise it will be very difficult to put together a solid analysis for the client.

Okay, here are some bits and pieces of what I've been up to this week. After the past few days of silence, you all must be wondering what happened to me...

lundi ~ monday
Attended French class as usual on Monday. We learnt to say all les jours de la semaine (the days of the week) , le mois (the months), and learnt to count up to soixante-neuf (sixty-nine).

mardi ~ tuesday
Made peach jam and preserved a jar of chopped peaches on Tuesday. They were selling a whole tray of peaches for only $5 the other day. So we split them with Paul... Paul should share them with his roomie. I made 4 tiny jars of the jam... gave one away to a friend. One I'm saving for Paul... hope it will keep, I sealed the jars air-tight, but without preservatives, I'm not sure how long they'll keep.

mercredi ~ wednesday
Connect group night on Wednesday. We celebrated someone's birthday... I made almond jelly to add to the refreshments table. Almond jelly is such a cliche Asian dessert to make. I made it the really typical way mixed with fruit cocktail. But it's so easy to make and such a crowd-pleaser.

jeudi ~ thursday
Microwaved frozen pizza pockets for dinner Thursday night... and went for a walk at the nearby shopping centre to pick-up some computer cables to connect MH's new TV card to PC. 20% off at K-mart... what excellent timing! We couldn't have picked a better time to get those cables.

vendredi ~ friday
I meant to cook the black sauce pork (recipe shared by mom) tonight, but one of MH's old classmates is in town, so we're going out to dinner. I'll cook the pork tomorrow. I bought the eggs already anyway. Have the price of eggs gone up? I was reluctant to get some until the last moment (here I go babbling on like a typical homie-wife): $5 for 3 dozen, instead of $4 for the same amount... and the eggs have shrunk, they used to be 600g eggs now only 500g. Other places it's the same... in fact $5 for 3 doz is the cheapest already. But I bought them anyway since I needed them (better stop babbling here).

Okay, time to get ready to go out... I'll try and write more soon...

Comments

  1. Sigh, those peaches went of in like 4 days...i couldn't finish it all by that time...i did share it with my roomie, but still, was a tall order...i ate a total of 4 peaches...and toss the rest out... tough luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 out of 9 is not bad... good for your digestive system no doubt. Hmmm... maybe should have kept a bit of yours and help you to make jam and preserves. Anyway, saving your jam for you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »