Skip to main content

New friends

First connect group for 2006 last night. Our connect group has evolved into a couple's group. Besides D&G and ourselves, 2 new young married couples have started joining our group. That leaves only the other "pseudo couple" (more on that next time) so technically, we are ALL couples in a sense.

All of us are young, below 30 years and married for less than 2 years.

I'll describe the 2 new couples:

Couple 1: An indonesian couple who've been in Australia for 3 years, but recently moved to Sydney from Melbourne and started joining our church. Married 1 year and 2 months. The wife is a graphic desginer and the husband is an accountant

Couple 2: Aussie-Chinese couple. The guy has been in Australia since he was 3 years old (when his family migrated to Sydney from KL). The wife is an Indonesian Chinese and also been in Australia for most of her life. He's a structural engineer and she's currently studying at uni and working part-time in a childcare centre.

We've only just met them, so not much stories to tell yet. But it's nice to have our circle of friends grow.

(Okay, 4.45PM: Time to start cooking the rice)

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »