Skip to main content

Christmas pressie for himself

Last night we went Christmas shopping. Westfield shopping centre in Burwood was packed with shoppers with late night shopping extended to midnight. So exciting! We walked around Myer and looked at all the pretty and shiny new things. I was itching to buy a nice new solid good-sized cooking pot (Oh man, I really am turning into a Stepford wife!). In the end I settled for a little stopper so I can keep olive oil in old wine bottles and drizzle them over salads like a professional. Cost $2.60 after 25% discount.

My beloved hubby on the other hand was more extravagant. He spotted the DVD boxed set of the transformers animated series and went absolutely ga-ga over them. He spent a loooong time poring over the sets, contemplating the "to buy, or not to buy" question. Then we went all over the entire Westfield shopping centre to see if there were better deals in other shops. There were none. So it was back to Myer once again. He couldn't decide which one to buy, so he bought both Season 1 and Season 3 DVD boxed sets. Season 2 sets were out of stock much to his dissapointment.

Once we arrived home, we couldn't wait to start watching the first DVD and finished the first 2 episodes. The familiar refrain of the theme song "Transformers... More than meets the eye..." came through the TV speakers... and I remember hearing that same tune every Saturday morning as my brothers plonked in front of the TV to watch Optimus Prime and the Autobots battle it out with Megatron and the Decepticons.



This Transformers thing has gotten bigger than we imagined. Almost every boy owned his own action figure of Optimus Prime or one of their favourite Autobots. In fact we have a friend who still meticulously collects Transformers action figures, even though he's way past his childhood. Apparently, he makes good money selling them to other avid collectors.

Well, inside every man is a little boy. And boys will always be boys. I am glad my hubby found a Christmas present he really likes. He'll probably also say that this DVD boxed set will be something like a legacy to pass on to our kids in the future.

P.S. We're going out again later tonight to another Myer outlet in the city to see if he can get the Season 2 DVD boxed set. Boys!

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »