Skip to main content

Of Laundry and Hair-mountains and more Affogato...

Just came back from the cafe tonight. We meant only to drop by a while as it was not actually our turn on duty, but in the end we stayed all the way until 1.00am. I think MH and I are both feeling a little tired and snappish. This is not meant to be a long term practice of working there every weekend. But since this business belongs to us, we are driven by every bone and sinew in our body to labour for it to make it work. But we both cannot deny that this will eventually take a toll on us. So we definitely need to find a solution to improve the whole system of running the place, so that we will not have to feel the need to "help out" all the time, or worry about whether everything will run smoothly if we are not there. It was really busy at the cafe just now - full house! If we hadn't dropped by to help, Mabel and the rest of the staff may have found it difficult to manage.

Sometimes I feel that MH and I don't have enough time to spend with each other. But I can't justify it because every time we are together, we don't do anything in particular. MH is a little more objective when it comes to matters like these... like maybe going out somewhere to eat or going out to play sports. For me, it doesn't matter... as long as we're together. Maybe I need to give a more specific suggestion of something to do if I ever declare that we are not spending enough time together. But it's so irritating to always think of something to do... because many times, I really don't have anything particular in mind... Catch-22. Or maybe I'm just saying this because it's been a long day... it's almost 2.00am now... and we still have to wake up at 7.00am for church tomorrow... and perhaps drop by the cafe tomorrow afternoon/evening? The weekends always seem to fly by too quickly.

I am folding the clothes as I type this entry. The house is in such a mess. MH complains that I drop too much hair. I think this is a common among women. But we usually don't realise because there's always someone to clean the house. But in my case, it's up to me to clean the house! I need to be more conscientous about it. Otherwise my hair will start piling up in mounds in every corner... scary thought.

I tried making Affogato this morning for MH. It wasn't perfect because we used 3-in1 coffee instead of pure espresso... and the ice-cream had ice crystals in it because our freezer is not very good... and I had to use a plain metal spoon to carve our pieces of ice-cream instead of a nice round scoop because we don't have a proper ice-cream scoop. But MH said it was quite nice.

Okay, back to folding the laundry!

Good night.

Comments

  1. i've tried that affogato thing... its quite yummy, cept the served amount is only half a glass...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slept at 2am and up the next morning at 7am. That's definitely not my kind of life !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »