Skip to main content

Zooming in on the personality of the day... my hubby!!! (minimal sentimentalism almost guaranteed)

Sunday night... *SIGH*
Another busy weekend is coming to an end and tomorrow it's back to the office again.

Although my life seems to be all about work and our new cafe, I shall resist the urge to talk about the cafe (again!) and try and be more reflective about other matters...

Let's see... hmmm.... okay here goes...

Earlier this week, one of my closest friends broke up (sort of) with her BF. I considered it a break up because one of the phrases he used during a really SERIOUS conversation they had was something like "we should try to spend time together to continue to build the FRIENDSHIP". But I really cannot say for sure that he was trying to end the relationship at all, so don't take my word for it. Although they discovered vast differences in their expectations (e.g. different ambitions, ideals, values) but my friend still wants to fight to make the relationship work and not give up so easily... otherwise what was the point of the whole getting together?

I really felt so bad in my heart for her (because naturally I'm on her side) but of course the decision is up to her. And it's not a bad thing to want to work at the relationship. But I did tell her that it always takes TWO to tango.

Anyway... these kind of conversations make me stop to think about how terrific my own hubby really is. I mean, it's not always Cloud 9, but at least I know that whatever happens... I can count on him to never give up on 'US'!!! Uh oh, am I sounding to sappy already?

It's too bad that all of you (my darling parents and brothers) may not have had to great honour (hehehe...) of knowing MH very well yet. But I'm glad you didn't behave like the family in 'Meet the Parents' and you didn't scare him away (not that much anyway... at least he stuck through the ordeal!).

Okay... this is special news insight on the personality of the day: Mr Yau MH (drum roll please)

His background may be a little different from our family... and his sense of humour may not exactly have the same formula as ours. But one thing about him is that he always strives not to let the past hold him back. So instead of blaming his past on giving him a different value system, he'll strive to establish a fresh new value system based on what's right... not based on a 'this is how things have always been done' type of thinking. He questions everything (which sometimes can be irritating) but only because he believes that there's always a better way to do something and not just stay in a rut. Yet at the same time, he is dependable (more so than me!) because once he establishes something, he will always do it that way (whether it refers to how we wash dishes or how we resolve conflicts). Unless of course we find a better way to do it.

Okay, that's all I want to say for now. I wanted to say this because men sometimes don't like to talk much about themselves... so as the doting wife, I just felt I wanted to give the well deserved credit to MH. And you know me... I love helping to build bridges... even if it's one brick for now.

P.S. Humour formula can always be reblended into interesting new mixes

Comments

  1. Yep, MH has one of the fruits of Holy Spirit - Faithfulness - that's he has dependability. So does my hubby - and many more. And he has a great sense of humour too.
    It takes two to tango and the tango must be in the same direction too. Breaking up is painful but sometimes when the relationship is going nowhere, it's better to end it and move on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, mom.
    I guess quoting proverbs and clichés is very easy… but like the song goes, “breaking up is hard to dooo…”
    She is still keen on making the relationship work… even though it seems difficult to see the direction that the relationship is moving toward, but she won’t give up so easily without a fight. A noble act I must say at least… it won’t be easy. Like dad always used to tell me, “Love is blind… VERY blind”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »