Skip to main content

Mishu’s earthly possessions

Following various questions by curious people, I thought I’d post up some pics of the different objects Mishu’s life revolves around so you can get a picture of his daily routine and how he amuses himself (and us!) every day.

First off, very important: The Scratching Post. Cats just have the need to scratch something every day. So to avoid it scratching the furniture or cushions, best to set a designated spot. Mishu usually does his scratching just before meals… so every morning before breakfast, and in the evening when we arrive home, just before we give him his dinner.

CIMG0002

After scratching time is meal time. We feed him about quarter cup of dry kibble and 50grams of wet food twice a day. Every day before makan time, he will meow and rub his body against our legs, scratch his post and look up expectantly for manna from heaven… or from his perspective, the kitchen counter.

CIMG2641

After makan, it’s toilet time. Again, pretty routine… almost immediately, or not long after licking the last bits from his bowl, he will make his way into this little corner in the laundry. Moments later we will hear a rustling sound as he covers up his ‘business’ with his paws and emerges again to see what we are up to.

CIMG2643

If we are not doing anything particularly interesting, he might creep into his little ‘bed’ under the stool next to the couch. He will just hang around while we watch TV or surf the internet… sometimes dozing off, until we decide to ‘disturb’ him, giving him a little poke, at which he will open his eyes slowly, gaze at us nonchalantly, yawn, then look away, as if to say ,“whatever!”

CIMG2623

We try to play with him for a few minutes every day. As you can see, he has a variety of toys to choose from….

CIMG2637

But he generally has only a couple of favourites…

Like this small roll of cellophane. It started when we happened to be using it to tape something in the living room, Mishu was sitting nearby, so hubby thought just for fun to roll it toward him. He got really excited and started chasing it, pawing at it and pushing it around. He enjoys playing with it so much, it’s now been left as a permanent addition to his toy collection.

CIMG2639

I’m not sure whether this is actually one of Mishu’s favourites, but it’s definitely one of mine. This is Mishu’s ‘prey’ when he’s in the mood to play the role of mini-tiger. He will wrestle it and attack it as if he is trying to tear apart a real zebra. I like it because it’s so hilarious to watch him ‘wrestling’ with it.

CIMG2640

So this is just a glimpse into some of the little things that form part of Mishu’s every day life. Hope you enjoyed it.

Comments

  1. I feel so guilty as now I can see why my Toto and Buddy are such deprived mutts. No wonder they have disciplinary problems,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... Mishu is probably a little TOO pampered perhaps

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely pampered.. lucky mishu! (and poor cellophane tape)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »