Skip to main content

6-month update

Hello! Who’s turning 6 months old tomorrow?

CIMG4426

That’s right. Nathan will be officially 6 months old tomorrow.

CIMG4430

He’s been through many milestones, including teething, solids and mastering the art of the flip.

Check out his two little front teeth!

CIMG4445

He absolutely loves his solids and eagerly opens his mouth at mealtimes. Foods he’s tried include rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potato, carrots, potato, avocado and bananas. His clear favourites are sweet potato and carrots. I’m planning to introduce apples, pears and pumpkin to his menu.

He’s been learning a lot… observing, watching and absorbing everything going on around him.

I read him a story from his Hairy Maclary omnibus every day and he’s quite happy to sit quietly next to me as I flip through the pages and listen to me read aloud.

CIMG4435

Other things he enjoys doing include:
  ●  Playing peekaboo
  ●  Blowing bubbles with his drool
  ●  Laughing at daddy’s silly comedy antics
  ●  Listening to mummy sing

Current popular hits playing from the mummy jukebox are:
  ● Somewhere Over the Rainbow
  ● Que Sera Sera
  ● Do Re Mi

He’s very talkative and babbles happily to himself or to someone who cares to listen (usually mummy). The latest favourite sounds he’s been babbling include “haaaaaiiiii”, “dai-dai-dai-dai” and “yaaaaaaaaaah!”. Hubby is convinced that the “haaaaaiiii” is his attempt to say “hi” in response to ours.

His current routine is pretty stable and generally goes like this:

07.30am – wake up, nurse, then some tummy time
08.00am – breakfast (solids), followed by play time
09.30am – go down for morning nap
11.30am – wake up, nurse, then tummy time
12.00pm – lunch (solids), followed by play time
01.30pm – go down for afternoon nap
03.30pm – wake up, nurse
04.00pm – play time
05.30pm – go down for a short cat nap
06.15pm – wake up, dinner (solids)
06.30pm – play time (usually with daddy)
07.00pm – bath time
07.30pm – nurse, then bed

Of course Sundays sort of throw everything off a little as we’re out for a longer stretch – close to three-quarters of the day. So he usually misses a nap on that day. But we’re able to adjust everything back the next day.

I’m still working from home most days (except for Tuesdays when I’m in the office for half a day) so it’s good to have a fairly predictable routine to work around. I’m able to get a lot done during his naps and also during the first half of his play time when he’s happy to sit in his chair beside me watching me work or playing with his toys.

CIMG4442

So this is how things are looking at this point in time. Things may change again as I start planning to increase my work hours and face-time in the office down the track. So we’ll take it one step at a time.

Comments

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »