Skip to main content

New routines

I’m aware that my blog entries have become increasingly erratic. I have to resort to cluster blogging whenever I manage to find a spare hour or two in between nursing, cleaning and cooking.

Nathan is currently 7 weeks old and his routine is getting more established. He nurses about once every 3 hours during the day, and during the night is gradually increasing his sleeping hours to longer stretches.

He’s very alert during wake times. After a feed, he will either spend some time in his baby gym, have some tummy time, or sing or flip through a picture book with mummy.

CIMG3422

P1020239

Nathan is keeping mummy busy every day… although he is the smallest person in the house, he creates the most amount of laundry…

CIMG3183

At this stage I don’t mind it, in fact I find it very satisfying and adorable to see all the teeny tiny outfits hanging out in a nice little row on the clothesline.

I decided to take advantage of my energy and enthusiasm for all this baby stuff to take on something new… cloth diapering! I’ve been toying with the idea for some time, however I wanted to ease myself into the process and started with disposables in the first few weeks while we got his routine more established.

I started with using some muslin folds a couple of times a day and a few pieces of modern cloth nappies (a gift from a friend)… admittedly there were some accidents and blowouts at first, but as I started to get the hang of it, I decided it was something I could take on. The savings from buying disposables was the main motivator for moving forward.

I managed to get a good deal online for a whole set of cotton prefolds, fitted nappies, nappy covers, some modern all-in-ones and snap-in nappies.

CIMG3483

These are some of my favourite designs… especially the army one!

CIMG3484

My little soldier boy!

CIMG3472

There are a couple of extra steps needed at each nappy change, but I'm okay with it and am getting much better and faster with more practice. Although it's early days for me, I think I can safely say that I strongly recommend cloth diapering... if not just for the cost savings or the environment, but also it's better for baby's bottom and it's pretty fun too!

Comments

  1. wow serene...

    he's looking great!!!! and well done on the cloth diapering!!!! it's definitely better...wish i had time to do it...

    and nathan's looking abit like meng how now!!! hehe...he'll be pleased to know... :)

    take care...oh yes, happy new year too...

    lyndt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Cloth diaper. I have always wonder how is it like..:) Sld talk to u more to find out. Lil Nathan is such a handsom boy. Inez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul from Gumtree, looks like the previous owner had great taste in nappies. those are fantastic brands.

    So you've jumped in the deep end!
    :) bec

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »