Skip to main content

August 8th

Four days from today marks exactly one year since I first found out about my miscarriage... August 8th, 2008. Which I remember because it was also the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.

Some of the people I care about will probably have some concerns as they read this... Is she in depression? Or going through an emotional breakdown? Maybe unable to let go of the past? I assure all concerned parties that I am perfectly fine. I have not been keeping track of that day all this time. It's something that I just happen to recall as I was scrolling through my calendar for the week ahead and that date just flicked across my phone screen. It is a very significant date... 08/08/08.

One year. I never imagined time to fly by so quickly. How precious is this thing - time. But in between the moments when we do pause to marvel the preciousness of it all, the months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds, are like a watch in the night. Because it seems only just the other day when that significant event, changed life as you knew it then, and made that notch on your heart... yet another notch added to the series of notches that mark out your life... because as it is said, life it not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I remember watching this movie some time ago, Marley & Me. It's a comedy/drama of a couple's journey through life. There was this scene of when the main female character found out she had miscarried. And I remember watching that scene and thinking "that is almost a replay of the exact scene that took place when the doctor first broke the news to us".



Even the doctor's little 'speech' seemed like it was memorised and repeated almost word for word... including the sympathetic expression on his face and all.

Does it seem sad that I am talking (or writing) about this again? Well it isn't. It just helps just to express how I feel. And if you find it hard to understand, maybe watching the clip will help you understand...

And don't worry... I am still hoping and trusting that one day (and hopefully soon) I will have good news to share. ^_^

Comments

  1. I think you're very couragous and sensible in the way you're dealing with it. very healthy dear.

    Couragous because many ppl would rather not ever talk about it again for fear of pain or what people would think about them.

    Sensible because you lost your beloved babies who were humans on this day last year. and they deserve to be remembered.

    You are an inspiration! You're setting an example for many. I really think so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading every single one of them! Although I may not be able to reply to each comment, I will definitely pop over to your blog to say hello.

I love hearing from readers and fellow bloggers alike. If you're a little shy or would like to get in touch with me directly, drop me an email at serenely@outlook.com

More Popular Posts



DSC07989Our DIY outdoor chalkboard

Today’s entry is not so much a post as it is just a way to showcase the latest addition to our outdoor play area… Our new mega sized outdoor chalkboard!

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


SnailCraftCollage2Learning about snails

This past week has been all about snails.The children are always fascinated by the snails in our garden and ask endless questions about them.A couple of weeks back, one of my boys stumbled across a snail crawling along the ground.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


[image%255B6%255D.png]DIY magnet shapes

A couple of weeks ago, I had posted this snapshot of these set of magnetic shapes I made on my Instagram. I received a few curious questions on how I made them.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC06501A_thumb[1]Three Questions

And so Nathan’s very first day of kindergarten is over. It was a mixture of good, bad, sweet and sour. I think that so much happens throughout the day, it can be challenging for a little person to filter through it all.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »


DSC05282My cup runneth over

These days my days are packed full to the brim. From the moment I wake up to the sound of Grace calling through the baby monitor and Nathan’s cheeky face peering at me over the edge of the bed… to the evening when I finally tuck them into bed and say goodnight.

READ THE REST OF THIS ENTRY »